39

I was shocked.

How nasty can a person be?  Poppy was now my nightmare. He didn't only touch me in the wrong way but also tried to break mine and Ashton's relationship in the grossest way possible.

The officer walked up to Poppy who did look shit scared. He backed away, wide eyed. "no-no, don't touch me. Go.. go away" he held his one hand up to stop them coming near him.

All of a sudden, we heard a growl and he was forcefully lunged by someone. Dad had started putting punched on his face.

"Oh no!" I muttered. I wanted to stop him but my roots were stuck in the soil. It was getting hard to breath and I was so light headed.

It was Poppy. All along. He messed with me and wanted to piss Ashton away so that he can take his place. I was disgust about myself. It was embarrassing and humiliating.

Suddenly, Lucky started to cry. Ofcourse, how can a girl so small see such brutal thing?

The twins and the police guys had pulled dad away from Poppy. Dad had successfully given Poppy a split lip and bloody nose.

Venky scooped Lucky up in his arms and rocked her back and fourth. He went towards mom who was also in a shocked state. "Mom, take her with you. Go to the park and get some fresh air. Everything will me okay," Venky reassured. She nodded and took Lucky away.

Venky then turned to me. Whilst I was frozen. shocked and dumbfounded.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to the officers and poppy. I tried to resist but Venky's hold was strong on my wrist.

"You're arrested for taking pictures of Aana and photoshopping them without her consent or permission," the lady officer said calmly and pulled out a metal handcuff from her back pocket.

"What no!" Poppy yelled, "I-I did it because I loved Aana," he mentioned. I almost wanted to gag. What kind of love is this?

Everyone gasped at his statement.

"I love you," Poppy said looking into my eyes.

Suddenly, Ashton lunged at him punching his cheeks and jaw forcefully. He was cursing at him whilst landing punches on his face. Venky stopped Ashton by putting a hand on his shoulder. Ashton's face was red with rage. He was ready to kill that guy.

"You're sentenced for jain for two years," the officer announced. "Thats the minimum you'll get. The final amount of years will be divided by the court,"

"No!" Poppy yelled again. Trying to stand up without wincing after all the harm my father and boyfriend had done to him.

The officer them turned to me. I was nervous, not knowing what to do. Rum away? Hide behind Venky?

She stood right infront of me and said "I've come to know that he'd been taking your mathematics tuitions," I nodded, looking down at the floor. Remembering all the times when he touch me making me feel disgust.

"Answer my one question, Aana" I looked up at her and nodded. "Has he ever touched you in an inappropriate way?" She asked me and I was wide eyed. It was a predictable question though.

"I take it as a yes," she said as my silence and expressions spoke louder.

Agan, suddenly Poppy was lunged over by the twins. Both giving Poppy a hard time to even cough out the pain. I could understand about Rayan, he was overprotective and aggressive. But Robbie, he was always overprotective and calm. Lookes like his calm had an end too.

The officers tried to stop the twins. But they never did.

Now I started sobbing. Never realised when Ashton had engulfed me in his arms. I cried and cried into his chest. At some point, I had given up. Ashton took me into my room and made me sleep. But I couldn't, I could still hear what was going outside.

He pulled me on his lap and I placed my head on his chest whilst he rubbed my back. "It's fine, it's fine. You're safe now. Aana, baby, listen.. you're safe," he kept on mumbling.

After about fifteen minutes, Venky came into my room. I stood up immediately and hugged him. He hugged me back and stroked my hair "why didn't you tell me Aana?" He pulled away and looked into my eye, "this is serious. He was in my office, touching my sister and I didn't know,"

I shook my head, "don't blame yourself and- and I was going to tell you, I promise,"

"Was going to tell him when?" A new voice said. Ishan came in, tears running down his eyes. "when? After he'd taken full advantage of you?"

I shook my head, sobbing.

"Aana, this is serious," Ashton said and stood beside us, "he was molesting you,"

"I'm sorry," I looked down still crying.

Venky cupped my neck making me look up, "no, you're not the one who's supposed to say sorry," Venky said. "I'm your brother and I didn't realise you were going through that shit. I am sorry."

I shook my head. It just wasn't his fault. "please don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault, it wasn't!"

"My client, my idea of making him tutor your and how wasn't that my fault?" Venky's eyes left tears too.

"You didn't know," I excused out.

"Don't blame yourself," dad's voice said. He came in a put a hand on Venky's shoulder. "he's arrested now. Two years for the photoshop shit and three years extra for molestation,"

I was relieved. Five years of prison would knock some senses in his skull.

Dad then came to me and rubbed my tear stained cheek and kissed my forehead pulling me in a hug. "The twins are arrenged too," dad said and I pulled out.

"What?" I gasped.

I frowned when Venky laughed, "they didn't listen to the officer when she told them to stop beating Poppy. They're supposed to stay behind the bars for 24 hours," I shook my head but felt the warmth and protection from my brothers.

"Poppy's in the hospital, he's having a concussion and a few facial broken bones," Venky continued.

I sighed. Maybe Poppy just deserved the pain.

"Poor twins," dad laughed and grabbed me, Venky and Ishan in a hug.

"I'm just glad now everything is okay," dad said. "stop crying bud," he patted Ishan's back. "and you, join the hug," Ashton smiled and joined the hug.

•••

Tada.... Surprise, two chapters in one day. Only for you amazing people.

Also, it's only one last chapter untill the book ends. I know, very overwhelmed.

Vote ❣️😉