22

"I'm leaving,"

I looked at everything in pure horror.

"Guys?" Venky said looking at his brothers. He had a sympathetic expression and a sad smile on his face. The others had sad expressions all over their faces, but at the same time they were disappointed. They all nodded their head and gave their eldest brother a small smile, a protective smile, a 'I've got your back' smile.

This cannot be happening. Not after all the circumstances that me and my brothers have been through, not now!

I looked at my dad, in hope of a miracle. In the hope he'll stop this. The mess that he'd made not a very long time ago.

Dad clenched his jaw. His eyes showing several expressions at once.
He took a deep breath and composed himself. "Your decision, I'm off," dad said and went upstairs into his room. I surely did not unsee the hesitation in his words.

Mum took a shaky step towards Venky. Cupping his jaw with one hand. Venky looked down at her with utter softness. Cupping her hand back. "Venky! Don't do this. I cannot bear loosing you again," she said in a trembled voice.

"Ma, you're not loosing me. You'll never loose me. I'll always be yours, always. I promise," Venky said in a low and calm voice.

My palm was sweating, which was interlocked with Robbie's. I bit my lips preventing them from trembling. My eyes had already started to get watery. I was never this desperate for someone to stay, not even when Ishan left for the first time. Then, it was one brother whilst now, it was four of my brothers.

I looked up at Robbie who was looking the the sight of an overwhelming mother-son moment with glittery eyes.

I pulled his hand down gently grabbing his attention. He looked down at me with oh so softness, it made me want them to stay even more.

"Stop this... please," I said quietly to him. He let out a huge sigh before embracing me in his huge hug, it could probably swallow me ahole.

The second my head touched the chest of his shirt, I broke down. I couldn't hold it anymore. I let it all out. I sobbed silently into his chest.

"Hey... C'mon don't cry, you're a tough girl Aana. Babe, shh.." he consoled me combing my hairs down with his fingers, but did it help? Probably no.

I shook my head into his chest "don't..." My voice was genuine and low.

I felt him hug me tighter to the point where their was no air between our two bodies. I pushed him by his sides, away from a heartwarming hug. His eyes had unshed tears in it.

"Don't..." I repeated again. Doubtful that if I say anything else, I would break down badly.

I realised that I'd everyone's attention by now. Everyone were looking at me with pity, sadness, hurt and guilt.

Venky grabbed my hand and pulled me by his side. His face not leaving that smile. I stayed quite. What was I suppose to say? When they wouldn't even listen to me.

"Hey..." Venky's voice was hoarse when he said that cupping my face with both his hands.

I sniffled..... I again sniffled..... then one more time.

Venky smiled, "stop it, you're gonna make me cry too," he said and chuckled whilst I looked at at the verge of breaking down.

"Stop it. Don't leave," I said for one more time. "it's only been one month. Dad said you all will stay for two months," I finally said without crying.

"Well.. I came here for a reason," he stated. I said nothing. Just looked him in the eye. "Which was have your trust,"

I frowned.