40: The End

[ A/N: last chapter, I advice you to have a look at the end of chapter 17 before coming to this chapter. Not necessary but I recommend ]

Venky had went through so many things in the past decade. From surviving alone from the age of 18, to working day and night at the office. He went through so much struggle, the struggle made him so strong and courageous.

He took care of himself and of his little brothers who at some point started living with him. He kept a track of his own job and helped with the education of the twins and Ishan.

For Robbie, Rayan and Ishan, Venky is not only their older brother, but also an inspiration and a father figure. They relied upon him for so many years. When their birth father didn't accept them, Venky did. They respected Venky like god.

Venky's first promotion, his first flat/property to his first committed relationship. He stayed so strong. His and Rose's wedding, which was celebrated with nothing bigger then a paper agreement ment the world to him.

Rose played an important role in Venky's life even if she was in his life for not more then three years. Their three years of relationship made Venky realise what love is, what are the limits of love and what it feels like to lose someone you love. Rose tought him lessons.

But Rose didn't leave him just to forget her. She left her little angel, Lucky in Venky's life. Rose still exists, in Lucky, in the form of Lucky. Whenever Venky looks at Luck, she reminds him of Rose. Rose will always be with Venky.

Lucky is the best this that has ever happened to Venky. Lucky was indeed Venky's lucky charm. Luck had the ability to brighten her father's day. Luck has always been Venky's calm.

Living away from their own family is saddening. Venky went through that, for ten years. For ten years, he couldn't meet his mother without her sneaking out. He didn't talk to his little sister because she hated him for the reasons she didn't even know.

If you peak into Venky's soul, you'll find peace and calm. He was always so mindful, respectful and considerate to everyone. He didn't hate his father who practically kicked him out of the house he lived in for 18 year for a reason which was so unbelievable. Holding a grudge wasn't Venky's thing. His nature was forgiving.

No one could ever understand how bad Venky felt when he couldn't talk to his sister and do evey big brother cliche thing he deserved. It hurt him that Aana was scared of him. The way Aana would change her path when she would see him. The way her eyes would widen in fear. It hurt him so much.

But, Venky never gave up. He tried and tired. He put a custody battle for Aana. No, he never wanted to take Aana away from her parents, their parents. He just wanted to mend things up. He wanted his family back.

At the end of the day, Venky did won his family back. He earned Aana's trust. He saw pride in his father's eyes when he first came into Venky's flat. He made his mother proud. He made his little brothers happy. He was successful, successful in life.

Venky smiled down at his princess sleeping soundly on his lap. He noticed that Lucky was growing so fast. It was like she was born yesterday. Her hairs were now long and reached the small of her back. Her gibberish was now fading away little my little and her speech was improving too. He was so proud to have such an adorable and smart daughter.

He stood up with Lucky still in his arms and walked into her princess room. He layed her down on her small yet adorable bed and covered her in her soft pink covers. He laid a gentle kiss on her temple and left closing the door of her room.

On his way back to the living room. He saw his mom and the twins. All of them were in white aprons and were making today's lunch.

I want my brothers to experience a real family again.

He smiled and at his achievement and walked into the living room. He almost lost his balance when suddenly Aana bumped into him and clung onto his t-shirt standing behind him as if he was her shield.

"Aana, you can't hide forever!" Ishan said breathing heavily.

"I sure can, Venky will save me. He's my hero," Aana replied giggling. Venky felt another wave of accomplishment as he smiled fondly.

I want my baby sister to say that I'm her hero.

Venky shook his head "Ishan, stop it and make it up to eachother,"

Ishan stomped in an Utter childish way yet nodded "fine... C'mon, I won't do anything,"

Aana was still unsure, she was still clinging onto Venky's t-shirt. Venky sighed and looked down at her "come to me if he does anything." Venky reassured.

Aana hesitately ungripped Venky's t-shirt and walked forward to stand beside her brother Ishan who rolled his eyes and got a hold of her wrist and practically dragged her into his room. Venky was sure Ishan was blowing his own trumpet about the photography and the big photographers he met and Aana was getting bored and probably sneeked out trying to get away from the boredom.

Venkat sighed and sat on the couch infront of the tv. He grabbed the TV remote and flickered through the channels.

"Put the news on," Venky heard his father say in his usual cold and arrogant tone. Still, this time Venky fought amusement and playfulness in his voice.

Venky smiled at his father who sat beside him. Venky stopped at a news program and watched it together with his dad.

Venky was surprised when all of a sudden, David put a hand on Venky's head and gave it a pat.

"Dad, You okay?" Venky asked.

David nodded "I'm just overwhelmed. I'm ashamed of what I did to you and the other too. I shouldn't have-"

"Dad, that's enough," Venky stopped him "what's happened has happened, now's what is really important for us. I don't even like thinking about the past," Venky said and felt a lump in his throat.

David nodded "I'm proud of you." he grabbed Venky's shoulders and pulled him in a hug.

I want my father to say 'I'm proud of you' to me.

Another achievement, another fond smile.

The family had an amazing lunch that day. Everyone laughed and joked with eachother. They were happy that they had eachother. This was it, this was their life now. Their perfect life which they wouldn't trade for the world.

Venky laid down on his bed and stared at the ceiling. He was thinking about how his life changed in a matter of a few months. There was a time when he would desperately want to see his little sister and now she's living under his roof. This was nothing more than utter accomplishment.

There was a knock of the door before it opened softly. Trisha came into the room, a fond smile lingering on her lips.

"Ma.." Venky pushed himself to sit up.

"Oh no, sit down," Venky laid back down. Trisha came and sat on his bed beside him.

"I just came, felt like talking to you," she said, smiled down at her son.

Venky nodded and lifted his head only to lay it back down on Trisha's lap.

"I love you, ma," Venky said closing his eyes.

"Love you too, my son." Trisha brushed her fingers into Venky's hairs lulling him to sleep.

I want my mother's hand to brush my hairs when I fall asleep on her lap.

THE END