31.

JOE P.O.V.: this couldn't be happening, I was going to marry Sophie. I was ready to say yes to her. To settle down once for all...but then this happen. Demi. Demi. Demi. Why? Why on earth did I ever tell her to have dinner with me that night? Man, Nick was right...damn it! I fucking hate her now, and I hate myself too...I hate everyone!

I was on my room, drinking whiskey. Thinking how could I've been that bitch to Soph? And Demi too...I made her pregnant. Why didn't she stop me?! Man, for God's sake! What will I do now?

Sophie: (the door opened and she looked at me) babe, are you okay?

Joe: umm...I don't really know (she nodded)

Sophie: you know, I've been spending these days with all your family and I feel like...we need to talk (I looked at her with fear in my eyes. Did someone tell her about Demi?)

Joe: what?

Sophie: yes, what you heard (she sat next to me in the bed and grabbed my hand softly) listen Joe...I don't even know how to do this

Joe: you're scaring me

Sophie: sorry, you don't have to be scared. So, I've thinking a lot about our marriage lately and...

Joe: and?

Sophie: I'm just...(she sighed) I'm not sure I'll can do this

Joe: what are you talking about? (She looked at me with tears in her eyes)

Sophie: I love you and I really do, you've changed me for the best and you saved me when I needed it but...I can't do this anymore

Joe: what can't you do?

Sophie: I won't marry you tomorrow, I can't and I'm sorry but...I'm just in my 20's and honestly, I'm not ready to this kind of commitment. I can't get married at this age. I'm sorry

Joe: no, it's okay...we can wait for the wedding (I smiled to her but she shook her head caressing my cheek)

Sophie: we won't do that. I can't be in a relationship with you now...this feels just really...serious and for some time I wanted that but now I'm thinking about my career and ny friends and...Joe, I'm too young to be like this with someone, I should be living wildly, I hope you understand me

Joe: Sophie...I don't...what?

Sophie: I'm sorry...really (she hugged me and I was in shock now)

Joe: so...you're breaking up with me? The day before the wedding? (She nodded crying and hugged me again)

Sophie: you don't know how sorry I am but...I need to do this...for myself...I need to live more before being committed to anyone (all I could do was nod) I already told my parents and they called all the people to communicate them that there won't be any wedding tomorrow...I'm gonna go tell your family. Don't worry about anything. I'm flying back home in an hour so...goodbye (she kissed my cheek and left me alone with my head even more confused now)

What the hell was happening?