John Wick- The Plan

My fist collided with his face, hard. Thank god. That's exactly what I needed to boost myself back on to my feet. I was exhausted, and I could tell he was too. This had been going on for at least four hours. Punches back and forth. I couldn't tell you how many kicks to the stomach I've taken, and then how many rounds I've fired off was also a mystery.

Another punch landed on my face as soon as I got up, but I didn't fall back this time. Instead, I spun to give yet another roundhouse kick. I didn't care where it landed, as long as it hurt. He caught it, again. I pushed my body up and swung my leg so that my foot connected with his cheek. We both fell. We were too tired to catch ourselves properly. I was breathing heavily, and it was possible to hear his breathing as well.

"Five years makes you go that soft huh, Mr. Wick?" I could barely get out a wheeze of laughter before a knife was thrown by my head. I quickly scrambled back onto my feet and looked around the restaurant's kitchen. He got better at hiding, I'll admit that much.

Another knife was thrown and I ducked under one of the counters. I tried to steady my breath and listen in case he started walking. My heard perked up as I pulled the gun out of my shoe and turned around to face him. John Wick was holding a gun right at me as well. Our fingers were resting on the trigger.

"Alright. I think that's enough now." I turned my head to look up at the Bowery King. He slowly stood up and gave John and I a slow clap. "You two did very well."

John looked down at me and stretched out his hand. I was too tired to be a smartass so I gratefully took it. I brushed myself off once I was on my feet. "Thanks dad." I rolled my eyes and looked over at John. We were a mess. I looked around the kitchen and it was a mess too. Pots and pans were out everywhere, and so was blood.

"You did do very well (y/n). You're a good sparring partner." John looked down at me and gave me a look that said that he wanted to smile, but he didn't exactly know how to do it and put meaning behind it. I just nodded in his direction.

"Six hours of continuous fighting? I think you both did amazing." Six hours? We've been going at it longer than I thought. "Why don't you two head on down and go get something to eat?"

Me and John walked wordlessly down the secret passage way from the new soup kitchen into the sewer. Once down there, we walked down for about a mile until we were in the new underground hideout that the Bowery King had constructed. It's been around six months since John has been deemed excommunicado. In those six months, John and I have trained together. I've been excommunicado for three years now, so it's not really any wonder why we were paired up. I've been fighting and hiding basically my whole life, it just got more intense after killing two higher ups. One on Continental grounds, which was a total accident.

We had finally reached the cafeteria, and no one even gave us a second glance. At this point, they were used to seeing us bloodied and battered. We got our food and sat down, but neither one of us was rushing to eat.

"Have you been using my moisturizer?" John nearly spat out his food. He was definitely taken aback by the question.

"Well.. uh.. yes. It smells like brown sugar. I like it." I started to laugh but my sore stomach quickly reminded me that that was a bad idea.

"I could just get you a bottle, you know that right? You don't have to take mine." John just nodded and we both started to gain back our lost appetites.

I finished before him, and sat there. I waited until he was done with what he was going to eat, because sometimes he'll give me the food he doesn't want. He sure can be a picky eater for a guy on the run. But as I sat there, I couldn't help but smile (quite painfully may I add because of the freshly busted lip) at the sight of him. Every time we fight, it's like these feelings I have towards him get stronger. I don't know what to call them, since I haven't felt them before, but they make me fight him harder and also want to patch him up when I'm done.

"(Y/n)." John snaps his fingers in front of my face and I quickly jump out of my trance.

"Huh?" I look around and realize we're still in the cafeteria but alone now. John had taken our trays up and was now standing in front of me.

"I said, would you like me to walk you back to your room?" John outstretched his hand, and I took it.

"Oh like a princess?" I smiled and winced.

He nodded and gave me a little smile. "Yeah, a badass princess." I snorted at that and every single muscle in my body punished me for it. John started laughing at it and I could tell his body did the same as mine by the way he tried to quickly stop. My heart started to flutter at the sight of him enjoying my company and we kept walking.

We walked out of the cafeteria, but instead of going back to the secret kitchen we use, we went left and walked for another three miles. Our rooms were this way, and god I hated the walk. Especially after intense fighting with John. I just wanted to be carried, but of course John is in no shape of doing that. All the way to our rooms, me and John sort of leaned against each other, and my body felt warm. Was I.. blushing? No way. No way am I blushing, and no way is it because I'm touching... I mean, I've been kicked and have kicked and have shot and have stabbed him..

I tried to sort through my thoughts on the way to our rooms, conveniently right next to each other. I thought the Bowery King was joking when he said me and John would make a cute couple, but then he put our rooms next to each other and assigned us to be buddies whenever he sent us out. His plan is starting to work, I hate to admit that.

We reach my door and I bid John goodnight and he does the same. John lingers at my door for a few seconds, and it feels like he could read my thoughts. My face feels hotter and I turn away so he doesn't see. I say goodnight once again and close my door. What. The. Hell.