Keanu Reeves - Your Highness

This is a continuation of Your Majesty that you guys have been asking for, enjoy!

The tapping of heels echoed throughout the hallway and soft chattering was barely audible under it. I quickly scurried to stand in front of the door, waiting anxiously for the princess to arrive. The door opened after a few seconds and I quickly bowed, not even making eye contact. I've only dealt with one other princess before, and it did not go well due to her jealously over the prince's fondness over me.

     The princess was following closely next to the queen from what I could tell from the positioning of their feet as they entered the room. They stopped a few feet away from me, "Rise." I did, reluctantly brining my head up yet not making eye contact with either the princess or the queen. "And this will be the one who will be taking care of you while you stay here, Leila."

     I did a quick bow once again. The princess spoke this time, her voice carrying a tone of confidence that told that she had been in control since the way she was born. "And who the prince is suspected of being in love with?" She let out a soft laugh, raising her hand to politely cover her mouth.

     The queen quickly walked up to me, and I could feel her eyes boring practically into my soul. "Not much to look at I'm afraid, I don't see what he sees here." The queen mimicked the gesture that the princess had. My heart was beating incredibly fast and I was amazed that they couldn't hear it. The queen straightened herself, standing in front of me. "Now, you probably understand that you are to listen to here every order, correct?" I simply nodded my head 'yes'. "Good, now," she turned towards the princess, "I will now have to leave you to make sure my son is prepared for your meeting this afternoon." The queen left the room, leaving me and the princess alone.

     Me eyes seemed glued to the floor, the queen seemed to like this girl a lot so I dared not to make her the least bit angry. The sound of heels clicking grew louder as I realized she was walking up to me, she stopped right in front of me. "Raise your head, I need to get a better look at you." And so I did. She eyed me in the most critical way possible, I nearly buckled under the pressure her eyes put on me. Then, suddenly, a hard hand fell against my cheek and it took everything for my not to stumble. "How dare he fall for a commoner!" I wonder if the queen was the one who told her this, or if a rumor was beginning to spread around the kingdom.

     She straightened herself and cleared her throat, "I want some tea. Go and bring me some." She sat down on the bed and I wasted no time exiting the room.

     On the way down the winding stairs that bring me to the door of the kitchen, I bump into prince Keanu. I nearly fall back, but his arms quickly snake around my waist, bringing me close. Once I realize what he's doing, I quickly push him away, speaking I'm a hushed tone as I look around to make sure no one had seen us, "My prince, why are you here? Your mother would be furious if anyone tells her!"

     Keanu simply smiled and pulled me close to him, "My dear, no one will see us. Besides, I quiet like the way you feel against me." My heart was beating fast in my chest from excitement and fear. Keanu was breaking a rule, again.

     "Keanu, I must go, the princess will demand I be quick or else the queen will certainly punish me. It's enough that I no longer care for you." I broke away from his grasp once again and sighed.

     I looked up at him and his expression showed he was clearly angry. "I wish my mother wasn't like this! I wish the traditions would just all go away so I could be happy with the one I truly love." He grabs my hand and looks no longer angry, but sad. His eyes brimming with tears. I nearly cry myself.

     "My prince, not now, not here please." I press his hand to my face before quickly brushing past him, knowing I'm already too late for the princess' liking.

     I quickly enter the kitchen and grab the tray of tea after it's been prepared. Keanu was no longer standing on the steps, but once I entered the princess' room, that's where I found him and the queen. Keanu and Leila we're sitting side by side, and the queen across from them. I quickly sat the tray down, pouring the princess tea.

     Keanu looked up at me, the lighting was much better in the rooms than in the stairwell. "Have you been hit?" I didn't look at him but the queen and princess both shot him a look that he seems to ignore. He gently grasps my arm, "Who gave you that red mark? Answer me when I speak to you."

     "Now, now prince, lets not worry about the silly help, shall we?" The princess spoke with a soft tone, but it also a warning one.

     "It was you, wasn't it?" If looks could kill, the princess would be on the ground. He snapped his head towards her, "Mother! You can absolutely not let her get away with this!"

     "Keanu that's enough!" The queen stood up, slamming both hands on the table. "I refuse for you to act this way in front of the lady you're courting! Apologize right now!"

     Keanu dropped his head, obviously being the one who lost. "I apologize your highness." He slowly let go of my arm, squeezing it once before he did. I backed away, standing behind them all, looking at the ground. The last thing I wanted was the be the center of attention.