Keanu Reeves- Want

I stared at his back with a sort of, pathetic, longing. I did this nearly every day. There really wasn't any helping it. My heart just gravitated towards one man I hopelessly longed for.

     I sighed at my own helplessness and turned my head away. There wasn't any way that I could be able to be with a celebrity, so what's the point in hoping? That must be one of our brains' favorite tricks as humans I guess. Just making up things that could never happen, but giving us the slightest hope that if we had the perfect scenario, then it could all go out way.

     Keanu has been getting more and more popular recently. A new star in Hollywood isn't new, but me getting attached to one this much is. Sure I've had celebrity crushes, but this was something different. I always got a bit jealous of the girls who got to touch and hug and get autographs from Keanu.

     Didn't help at all that I was going to traveling around with him. Yeah, as if it wasn't bad enough that I had feelings for the guy, life decided it would be funny to throw in me being his assistant. Which surprised me, as Keanu didn't seem like the type to get an assistant, but he is apparently a very busy man. And I should've turned the job down knowing my feelings, but of course I didn't.

     "(Y/n)." Keanu's voice snaps me out of whatever thoughts that were previously trailing through my head and I look up at him. We were on the way to one of his latest movies, and I was barely making ends meet behind his back.

     "Yes Mr. Reeves?" I quickly shuffle my unspoken thoughts. His back was towards me so he luckily didn't get any glimpse of my expression towards him.

    Keanu turned around from the bar in the limo bus to face me. It was a little dim, which was better for me because my face decided to always turn slightly red whenever I had to interact with the man.

     "Are we arriving at 4:30 or 3:40? I don't know if I heard the man right on the phone." Keanu poured himself a drink before sitting in the chair across from me. There was soft music playing in the background, and it filled the space between us comfortably.

     "Neither sir. It's 5:20 pm. That's when we should be arriving, and then you should be set up in your hotel by 5:50 pm to around 6:00 pm, because then we have to be at dinner with the director at 7:30. Between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm we should be picking up the suit that was tailored two weeks ago and sent to the shop down here, and then reading over the scripts to see what differences that you may want to make again." It took nearly everything out of me for me to stumble over my words.

     Keanu let out a soft sigh and gazes down at his drink, and I knew he was exhausted. It had been weeks of running around, fixing scripts, meeting coworkers, etc.., and we weren't even halfway done yet. Keanu looks up at me from glass. "Are you okay? I mean, I know this has been a hard few weeks on you as well, and I'm sorry for putting that workload on you."

     I shook my head quickly. "Mr. Reeves, it's my job. There's no need to apologize. I do what I have to and if my workday is busy, then it's busy. Best I can do is just work through it." I have my best 'My job is such a pleasure to have and I don't mind having tons of work that I'm up late at night sorting though' smile, but Keanu doesn't seem like he's buying it. Thankfully, he doesn't call me out on it.

     After a few seconds of quiet, he speaks again. "Keanu." Before I'm able to say something in question, he speaks again. "Call me Keanu. I don't really have any mind for formalities, you know? You make it sound like I'm an old man." He chuckled and I smiled a little genuinely. Keanu was only in his 20's, so he was still quite young. "Do you mind if I move?"

     I just shook my head no, and why should I? There was space everywhere. I trailed his movements with my eyes, and surprisingly he was asking if he could sit next to me. I felt the weight shift on the seat and Keanu was close. I mean really close. Close enough that I could move slightly and our legs would touch.