John Constantine - No More Visits

I slowly ran my hands through his hair, savoring the feeling of each strange passing against my skin. It was rare that we got to spend moments like these together, so I didn't want a single second to not be etched into my memory. John Constantine was a busy man, and there was nothing I could do about that.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" His tired voice broke my train of thought. I didn't even realize that I was staring at him.

"Like what? I didn't even notice I was looking at you in the first place." He shook his head at my response and sat himself up, sitting up right next to me.

"You're always zoning out. It's concerning sometimes." John pulled out a cigarette and looked at it for a second. Then, he crushed it and let the tobacco fall into the ash tray. He does this at least four times a day, but it brings a smile to my face that he's no longer smoking. He got his second chance and he seems to have made the choice to not waste it.

I flopped my head onto his shoulder and looked up at him, "Awe, so you're concerned about me?" I teased him. John just rolled his eyes and popped a piece of gum into his mouth; his replacement for cigarettes. John doesn't show much affection, unless he knows that it'll make me flustered.

"It's not so much that I'm concerned about it, I just think that you should be more aware of your surroundings. That's all." He placed his arm behind me, wrapping it around my shoulders, "Besides, they could try to come for you any minute, so it's pretty odd that you're always so relaxed."

I sighed. He's always bringing them up. It's like we can't have a decent conversation without him reminding me of them. "But it's been about two weeks since the last incident, I don't think it's really such a big deal. Besides, if they get me, I know how to escape again." I pulled away from him a little so that I could turn my whole body to face him. I poked his cheek and smiled slyly, "But look at you, all worried about little ole me!" I continued to tease him.

John grabbed my hand and pulled on my arm so that my body pulled forward. Now, he had my pressed up against him, my hand in his. He looked down and smiled at me, chuckling at my shocked expression. "Well you can hardly defend yourself without me." He smirked before laying down, pulling me on top of him.

"That's a lie and we both know it!" I was a bit flustered now, my cheeks felt very warm and I could barely stand to look at his stupid, smug face. "I've survived in hell on my own, and I escaped it on my own." I huffed and looked up at him, staring into his eyes in a challenging manner.

He let out a whistle and I could tell that he was getting ready to mock me, "Oh the little demon princess is just so strong, isn't she? She could fend off all those bad guards, well, up until the actual strong ones came in," he leaned in close to my face, his eyes never breaking contact with mine, "Then she was begging for help." His smirk seemed to grow all the more smug and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So what if I needed a little help? And don't call me princess. I'm not one, and I would rather not be associated with Lucifer. He's a creep sometimes."

"I'm glad we both think so." John let out a soft laugh before looking at me with an expression that I'm not used to. It was... soft. Endearing. It made me feel even stronger about him than I already did.

"I wish you would visit me more." The word spilled out before I could stop them, "I really miss you sometimes." Silence. John's expression showed that he was a little shocked by me saying this, but it stayed soft. I don't know what compelled me to say that, maybe it was just this out of character look that he had.

The room was quiet for a few seconds, except for that of the fan rotating around the room, as we looked at each other. I truly didn't know how John felt about me, he sometimes was so complex to read. Sometimes he seemed sick and tired of me, like he wish that he never helped me, but when the time comes he protects me with his life and doesn't waiver.

The silence was getting to me now and I couldn't stand to look at him any longer. I buried my face into his chest, avoiding eye contact with him. John's arm tightened around my waist, and his other one that had my hand in it's grip squeezed it gently. He let out a barely audible sigh before leaning down to kiss my head.

"How about... instead of me visiting... We just live together from now on?" The question came out slowly, like he wasn't sure of the correct words to say, but once he got them out it felt like the world just exploded. Live with him? Me? I pulled my head up and he was still looking down at me, but his cheeks had a little tint of red to them. He was.... blushing?

I let out a soft laugh and nodded, "I would love to live with you John." I pulled myself up so I could kiss his cheek. He looked surprised at first, his blush becoming slightly more noticeable and I could tell that he was trying his hardest to fight it off. I laid myself back down on his chest, my head filled with the idea of us living together and the possible future that comes with that. No more visits, no more not seeing him for weeks... We're going to be living together!