Keanu Reeves- A New Journey

"That's it." I closed my book and stood on my bed.

Keanu looked up at me from his phone, confused. "What is it?" His head was tilted to one side.

I turned around to face him, and stretched out my arm and pointed at him. "You. You and me."

The confused look never left his face. "You and me, what?"

"We're going to take over the world! That's 'what'." I was feeling spontaneous. "I'm tired of sitting here in this town. I want to get out. I want to run through the woods and trip on tree roots! I want to run on to the tip top of a cliff and scream! I don't want to study anymore!" A smile just made its way across Keanu's face.

"Oh yeah? And how exactly are we going to be able to pull that off? We don't exactly have a ton of money, nor do we have the time. There's two weeks before school starts."

I put my hands on my hips and leaned down to look into his soft brown eyes. "That's why we have to be fast. We have to do it now. I'm going to start packing, and you better start doing the same."

"(Y/n), we still have a money issue. Gas and food and a hotel isn't cheap you know."

"I have some money saved up, and we can just stay in the car for a bit. We don't need to be in a hotel every single night. That's a waste of money. Now, go and start packing!" I jumped off my bed and quickly started to throw out some clothes out of my closet while rummaging around from my suitcase.

"You're not serious. You can't be. How will we even be able to convince your parents of letting you do this?" Keanu didn't have to worry about his parents. He could be all 'Hey mom, I'm off to the minefield in Texas, I'll be back by next week,' and his mom will just say to text her.

"I'll tell them I'm staying with you. You can have your mom cover for us." I stood up and looked at him, "I love your mom, have I said that today? I don't think I have. I'll say it once again then, I love your mom." I quickly bent back down and took out my suitcase, immediately shoving clothes in it.

"You're actually doing this? Really?" When he realized my silence was my answer, he sighed and got off my bed. "You win. I'll ask my mom if I can take my stepdad's car then."

"Thank youuuuuu!~" He rolled his eyes before kissing my cheek and leaving.

A few minutes later of convincing my mom that 'Yes, I'm really staying at Keanu's house for about a week' and 'No mom it's not an excuse for me to go and do things like drugs or party', and then 20 more minutes of her talking to Keanu's mom about everything (have I mentioned I love that woman? Because wow, she covered for us like a champ), I was finally given the O.K to head off.

I texted Keanu the great news and not even 10 minutes later, I hear his car horn honking. Before I could exist the house, my mom stopped me to give me a quick lecture on the dangers of unprotected sex and things like that. Gross.

With a quick goodbye, I ran out of the house and jumped into the car. "Drive," I said with a mild urgency before my mother could change her mind. I waved to her from Keanu's passenger seat while we drove off and as she still stood at the open door.

"Another lecture?" Keanu chuckled when I gave him no response besides a soft sigh. I then threw my two suitcases in the backseat, along with his two. "I can't believe we're actually doing something this crazy."

"Me neither. I thought my mom was going to say no and everything, guess today's our lucky day." I smiled before leaning back into the seat.

"So now what? Where should we go first?" I had to think about that. I really didn't think too far into what our first stop should be. Like I mentioned before, I was feeling spontaneous. None of this was super thought through. "How are we going to take over the world if you don't have a plan genius?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I'm getting to that part, okay? I'll have a plan in a few seconds." I pulled up my phone and looked up 'Must see tourist attractions" and one of the first ones listed was the Grand Canyon. "How about the Grand Canyon? That seems like a good place to be able to shout out all of the stress that's been building up."

Keanu just shook his head and nodded. "Fine, Grand Canyon it is. I hope you packed some really good travel money because I wasn't joking about the gas prices. Now, pull up the directions."

I smiled and did as I was told. This was really happening. We didn't even plan out how long we're going to be out. I mean, I told my mom I'd be gone a week, but the world is just too beautiful to not see, especially with Keanu. Speaking of Keanu, I looked over at him and took in his features, physical and personality wise. He never said no to one of my crazy plans, and I guess that's what true love is like. They stick with you no matter how crazy your proposals may seem.

Keanu seemed to have sense me looking at him and once we pulled up to a stop light, he stopped to look over at me with an eyebrow raised. "What is it? Do I have something on my face?" He pretended to wipe at his cheek and I just shook my head.

"Not yet." I quickly leaned over to the driver's seat and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." I said softly into his ear. A big grin decorated his face as soon as he heard those words.

"Anything for you." He leaned over and kissed my nose.

"Wow, we're being really cheesy right now." I snorted and looked up. "Oh crap the light's green."

Keanu quickly looked forward and hit the gas. The A.I on my phone read out the directions, and that was the start of a new journey.

(A/N): I'm running a bit low on inspiration, so if you guys want to request anything, leave a comment or dm me. It's greatly appreciated.