Ted "Theodore" Logan- Talented Member

For @radioactive_bitch who requested this!
Often, I am upset
That I cannot fall in love but I guess
This avoids the stress of falling out of it

Today was an awful day. My parents finally left a few minutes ago, so I felt comfortable letting everything that was bottled up out in one of the best ways I knew how, which was singing.

Are you tired of me yet?
I'm a little sick right now but I swear
When I'm ready I will fly us out of here

I was sitting on my roof, just looking out at the setting sun. It felt refreshing to feel the wind dry the tears that were still falling down my cheeks, and to really just focus on the different colors the sky was presenting was breathtaking.

I'll cut my hair
To make you stare
I'll hide my chest
And I'll figure out a way to get us out of here

My voice occasionally cracked every so often during the song, but it was working. I was finally getting everything I could out, even if I wasn't saying everything that was wrong.

I didn't notice Ted, my neighbor, hanging out of his window though, listening to my signing. I didn't see him start to climb on his roof to be able to hear better.

Turn off your porcelain face
I can't really think right now in this place
There's too many colors
Enough to drive us all insane

Ted moved to the edge of his roof and sat there, just listening to me, both of our hair flowing in the evening wind.

I felt a pair of eyes on me and quickly looked around until my eyes fell on Ted's. Suddenly, I got embarrassed and wiped away my tears. I tried to find something to say but nothing came out.

"Whoa." That was all I heard escape from Ted's mouth as he seemed to still look at me in awe. He motioned for me to come to the edge of my roof, and hesitantly, I complied. Once I sat down, Ted started talking. "You're really good. I mean, you have a really nice voice. Are you in a band or something?"

I was a bit scared to talk, like if I did, I felt like my voice may break from the crying I was doing. So instead, I just shook my head no to his question.

"Well, I totally have a proposition for you then! Me and my friend, Bill S. Preston Esquire, are looking for another talented member of our band, Wyld Stallyns." I just sniffled and choked out a laugh. Of course I knew who Bill and Ted were, and about their band. They talk about it all the time around school. I haven't heard them play before though.

I just nodded my head to show that I was listening, and Ted tried to think of more to say to try and convince me to join his band. "I know you can sing, but do you talk?" He chuckled at his own joke and I just rolled my eyes, but it did bring a smile to my face.

"Yeah." I spoke softly, afraid he may not hear me though. So, I cleared my throat and spoke a little louder. "Yeah, I can speak. Your band.. are you guys any good?"

Ted looked away sheepishly for a moment before turning back to look at me and tried to fake some confidence. "Well, we may not be the best yet, but we are learning! Like I said, we need a talented member in the band, it'll totally help." I just sighed. What was I expecting? I really wasn't expecting them to be the best two guitarists in the entire world.

I just shrugged my shoulders and bit down on my bottom lip. "How about, I come to one of your guys' practices, and then we'll talk more about it there?" Ted's face seemed to light up as he nodded.

"You got a deal dude!" He stood up and outstretched his hand, and then when he looked and saw how far apart our houses were, he slowly retracted it.

I couldn't help but giggle. This whole interaction really had picked my mood up. Ted wasn't the brightest, but he was funny, and cute from this distance. To be honest, I don't think I've actually seen him up close, except for the first time we moved here and my mom invited his dad over for dinner and he was dragged along. "It's a deal then." I smiled over at him and Ted smiled back before doing some... air guitar?

Ted was about to head back down but stopped when I shouted to him, "Hey, when's the practice?" He had a look of realization.

"Ohh, right, right! Tomorrow morning! I'll come over to your house and Bill's gonna drive us there!" I nodded to show that I understood and he started back down, but stopped when I yelled yet again.

"My name's (Y/n) by the way!" Ted's eyes widened as he also realized that he didn't ask for my name, that he invited some random girl he didn't really know over to his band's practice, without even asking for her name.

"Oh right. My name's Ted!" Of course, I already knew who Ted was. Everyone did. He was in over half of my classes, and wasn't doing well in any of them as far as I could tell. I just smiled and shook my head before I started to go down my own roof, signaling that he didn't miss any other important things.

I entered my room through my window and made my way to my bed. Today was the worst Friday, up until the point that I talked to Ted. A smile slowly made its way onto my lips as the recent interaction between me and Ted played in my mind. He said that is band isn't the best, so that kind of makes me a little worried, but hey, what's the worst that could happen?