John Constantine- I win

"Stop following me." His deep voice echoed around the alleyway but his steps never slowed.

      "Not until you listen." We had been walking for four miles now, and John was getting more agitated by the minute.

     "What's there to listen to? I gave you my answer." The stepping stopped and I nearly ran into his chest. I hadn't noticed his spinning motion as he turned around to face me. "I. Work. Alone. Get that?" He poked my forehead, not softly at all, and started walking.

     "Ugh! Why don't you ever give me a chance? I mean, there's been plenty of times I've helped you. I could be considered a partner at this point." A soft huff made its way from between my lips and then it fell silent, except for the continued stepping noises.

     A few blocks later and there was no way either of us were giving up on standing our ground. Out of the two of us though, I'm the most sensible. Why shouldn't I be allowed to help out? I do everything for him when he asks, and it's basically like we're partners anyway.

     We reached his apartment door and he turned to look at me. "You just want to piss him off, don't you?" At this point, he didn't even bother to turn around to address me. Rude.

      "That's only a small part of it. Before you ask, the other part is getting to work with you. I genuinely enjoy it." The look he then gave me was nothing short of 'You're crazy.'

     He opened his door and didn't make any attempts at keeping me out this time. Progress has been made. I skipped happily into the house and shut the door behind me, then turning to lock it. When I turned back around, John had his hands on either side of my head and was leaning over me. "I don't have to explain to you the risks of this, especially when your father is involved."

      If only eye rolls could be heard. "Can't you keep my old man out of our interactions just once? Not everything I do is to upset him or to prove him wrong about me. Hell, it's not like it matters anyway."

     Now it was John's turn to roll his eyes. "Oh yeah, let's not act like your father doesn't personally want to come and rip out my soul. Yeah, totally not like it matters."

     I had nothing to say in response to that. Okay, my dad, Satan or whatever, did want his soul, but that did not influence, well not a lot anyway, me helping out John.

     John just smirked and silently basked in his victory. I then realize how close we were,

     I stood up a little taller, closing the distance between us. "But it's not like he makes my choices for me. I'm my own.. person." I gently placed both of my hands on his chest and looked up at him. Unfortunately, John wasn't very stupid. But also, fortunately, John did seem to have a soft spot when it came to me. "I want to help you. I really do. My father is a piece of shit, we both can agree on that. If me being with you upsets him, then we'll take care of that when it comes up."

     I was now mere inches away from John's lips with my own. Those deep, brown eyes of his focused on my lips for one second, and then on my own eyes the next.

"Fine. You win." His voice was a bit deeper now and carried a husky tone. "But you do everything that I say, alright?"

I quickly nodded as a smile grew across my face. I had one this time. John pushed himself up and away from me. "Now, get some rest. I can't have you fighting demons and nearly falling asleep on me."

Me and John headed to separate places for the night. I acted as if I was disappointed when he pointed me towards his couch, but as usual, he tried to play it off as if he didn't care and then headed to his own room.

As I laid on the couch, I thought about all of the adventures me and John are going to go on. How exciting! John doesn't see it as an exciting adventure though, so I have to keep quiet about my excitement. His 'gift' has always been a touchy subject, but I admire it. He's done a lot with it though, so it's no question why I admire him as a person as well.