Keanu Reeves - Secret

"Hey, (Y/N)!" I stopped for a second and looked around for who called for me. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my shirt sleeve, "Yo! Finally caught up to you dude!" I turned around to see that it was one of my best friends, Kendra. She stood there for a moment and tried to catch her breath. "God, could you not hear me the first three hundred times?"

     "You know, for someone on the cheer squad, you get out of breath pretty quickly." I stood there beside her as the hundreds of other students made their way around us in the parking lot.

     She seemed to ignore my comment and stood up straight to look at me. Sometimes I forgot she was so tall. "The rest of the gang and I are gonna hang out at Kea's place, are you up to it?" My heart immediately began to speed up at the thought of being in his house again since...

     "Yeah, I'll need a ride though." 

     "No problem! I'll give you one." Kendra recently got a new car after she totalled the first one. I mean, I'm surprised she only got a scratch on her leg. The car was completely crushed into a tree! And even then, her parents had no problem buying her a brand new BMW. Safe to say, I was a little hesitant to get a ride from her. 

     After a few minutes of holding on to my seatbelt for dear life and reminding Kendra that the road still exists, we made it to Keanu's house without any injuries, except for the new bruise on my leg. Kendra swerved a bit too hard to avoid an incoming SUV and my leg hit the door. "I'm so sorry about that," and Kendra was still apologizing for it too. 

     She kept apologizing all the way to Keanu's front door, even though I told her that it was fine and that I'll live, up until he answered. It made us both go quiet. Keanu's hair was ruffled and his pants were dirty, so my guess was everyone was already here and in the backyard. 

     "Hey, guys! You finally made it!" Keanu ushered us through the house and into his backyard, where my guess was now confirmed. Colin, Grace, Jayce, and Elliot were all here. They were the accumulation of my high school years. All of them came into my life at different times and just seemed to mesh together, and I was beyond thankful for all of them. 

"Heyyy!" Kendra was waving her hand in my face, snapping me out of my trance. "Are you going to keep Kea's door open forever or are you going to join the rest of us?" 

      "Oh yeah, sorry about that." I stepped out from the doorway and Keanu closed the door behind me, before standing right behind me. His presence was enough for me to be sent back into my own little world. Then I felt his hand on my back.

      "So, how have you been?" Keanu was at my side now and looking down at me. I studied his face for a second before I answered him.

      "Well, disregarding the new bruise and potential fear of cars, I'm doing just great." I gave him a sarcastic smile which quickly turned into a genuine one. 

     Keanu let out a little chuckle before going quiet. Now it seemed to be his turn to study me. His eyes were flickering across my face, and before it would make me feel self-conscious, but now I felt warm. I felt special. It was like I was the only thing he wanted to focus on at this moment. 

     After a bit of being outside, we eventually went in to escape the new summer heat. Once inside, everyone seemed to simultaneously groan, accepting the new cool environment of Keanu's living room. Once in there, Keanu put a movie on and we all assumed our positions. We've stayed at each others' houses so many times that we all have our own spots. At Keanu's; I sat on the third cushion on the large sectional, Keanu sat on the second cushion, Elliot sat on the last cushion so that he could lay his legs on the arm, Kendra took up the plush rug on the floor, Colin and Grace took up the loveseat, and Jayce seemed to be comfortable in some vintage reclining chair Keanu's parents bought at a yard sale. 

     One thing was new about it all though, Keanu's arm was now draped around my shoulders, subtly pulling me closer to him. No one took notice of it, because his arms were usually on the back of the couch anyway. 

      Everyone settled down and Keanu finally pressed start on the movie, and I immediately began to replay the memory that started this secret of ours. 

     Two weeks ago, Keanu invited me over for a study session, nothing weird there. Colin was busy with archery, Elliot had baking classes, Jayce was working, Grace was practicing for an upcoming piano audition, and Kendra was practicing for the upcoming game, so I was the only one free. It wasn't like I hadn't hung out with Keanu alone either, so I wasn't nervous. 

      It was about 3:30 that Saturday afternoon when my mom dropped me off in Keanu's driveway. I walked to the door, he answered, everything was normal.

     We studied for nearly two hours before we decided to take a breather.

     "I think you'll do perfectly on this test. You know all this stuff like it's ingrained on your brain or something." Keanu seemed to really want to take this test seriously, I guess he was realizing that colleges are really gonna take this stuff seriously. 

     "I just wanna make sure. It's worth a lot and could really change my grade." He went quiet for a minute before speaking again, "Thanks for coming over though."

     "There's no need to thank me, I'm just doing what friends do." I took a swig of my water bottle and then the room went quiet again. I felt the air in the room suddenly change, and when I turned to face Keanu, his eyes were locked on me. "Is there something on my face?" I began wiping around my lips and chin thinking there was water or something, but he just shook his head.

     "How can you not know?" I was taken aback by his words a little, and before I could ask what the hell he was talking about, he moved his face right in front of mine. Our noses were lightly touching, and I could feel his breath against my lips. "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

      It took me a second before I could properly register what he was asking. Kiss? Me? Us? Lips? I slowly just nodded my head yes, not remembering that I had a voice. And then it happened. We were kissing right there in his room. I leaned back a little, propping myself up with my arms. My hands gently tugged on the soft fur rug that we were sitting on. If I think hard enough, I can still remember how it felt between my fingers. However, a feeling that comes easily is Keanu's lips on mine. How his slightly calloused hands felt on my face. I can still remember how his breath grew heavy when we had to take breaks to catch our breath.

      We were like that for a few minutes before Keanu finally pulled away and just looked at me. At this point, I couldn't look right into his eyes, so I instead let my eyes trace over his freckles. There were more now considering that he was outside more because of the heat. 

    Before I could finish recounting the memory, I felt lips on my jaw. I snapped out of the daydream and turned a little to see Keanu lightly placing kisses on it. I was about to speak when he softly whispered, "Shhh, everyone fell asleep." My eyes flickered around the room and he was right. Everyone was knocked out. Elliot, with her small frame, somehow was also managing to snore the loudest. I stifled a laugh to not wake them.