Keanu Reeves- Happy Birthday Keanu

Today was the day. Keanu told me not to make a big deal out of it, but I simply couldn't hold back. I mean, it was his birthday after all. How am I supposed to just sit back and not do anything for him? I just couldn't.

     This party had been planned for nearly a whole week. It had most of my attention and was the main goal for me to have completely done by his special day.

     I toyed with the ring decorating my finger as I watched the clock, eager to rush from my desk and out of my work building to get home and make the final preparations. I didn't really have to worry about Keanu coming home before everything was done either, as he was at a table reading for a new movie he seems to be very passionate about. I smiled at the thought of him expressing himself with his hands as he couldn't sit still.

     The clock finally hit 6 pm and I practically raced out of my chair and to my car. I reluctantly obeyed all of the traffic laws and made it home without incident, despite how restless I was. I ran into the house and began setting everything up. Even thought I had plenty of time, it didn't mean that I didn't have a time limit.

      Halfway through setting up the decorations, guests began to arrive at the house. I greeted them and they invited theirselves to helping me. Today was a day that's important to all of us because of the person who it belongs to. We've all had some story about Keanu helping us and being kind, so that made it all the more special.

     Three hours had passed and we had just finished turning all of the lights off just as we heard a car pull into the driveway. Everyone ran to a spot of their choosing to hide in and wait.

     The door opened and the sound of keys echoed through the hallway downstairs. "(Y/n)? Are you home yet?" When Keanu didn't receive an answer, his footsteps echoed up the steps as he made his way to our bedroom, where the party was to be held. The door opened, letting a dim light fill the room before it became completely flooded when Keanu opened the door.

     Everyone jumped up as soon as the 'click' of the light switch was heard and shouted, "Happy birthday Keanu!" Keanu jumped in surprise before registering looking across the room, his eyes finally laying on me as a smile adorned his face.

     I walked over to him and wrapped my arms tightly around him. "Do you like it?" I mumbled into his chest. He just sniffled and wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't tell exactly that he was crying until I looked up at him. Tears were rolling down his face as he took in the decorations.

     He realized that he hadn't given me an answer and nodded before wiping his tears. "Yeah, I love it." He looked down at me with a soft expression, "I love it a lot. Thank you." His lips gently pressed against mine and lingered there for a few seconds before I pulled away.

      I looked around and clapped my hands, "Who wants cake?" Everyone cheered and Keanu and I walked over to where candles where placed into a cake.

      The party lasted for hours. By the time everyone decided to call it a night, me and Keanu were exhausted and ready to just slip into bed.

      Which is exactly what we did. We assumed our cuddling position with my head on his chest and his arm wrapped around my back, gently rubbing my arm.

     "You really didn't have to do that. I told you I didn't want anything big." His tone didn't hold any type of regret though.

     I just tiredly giggled and nodded. "Yeah, I know. But it's a big day for everyone, and it should be for you." I drew a small heart on his chest and then gently kissed it.

     It was his turn to let out a tired chuckle before pulling me closer to him. "Thank you." Before I could say anything in response, a soft snoring filled my ears as I felt Keanu's body relax under me.

     A big smile spread across my face and I leaned up slightly to his ear to whisper, "Happy birthday Keanu. I love you." I laid my head back on his chest and closed my eyes. I wonder how I'm gonna make it better next year.