Beast of the Snow

"That's the thing, Stiles, no one knows."

The next day the team were in Beacon Hills library. Natasha was researching Amarock's history. Steve was on how to kill the beast and Stiles was all about the present; trying to find an exact pattern to the killings. How the hell did this thing get to Beacon Hills? Stiles thought to himself while writing things down on his board. 

Scott arrived late but with grilled cheese for everyone. It was silent while they ate when Stiles asked the question he and thought earlier to Scott. "To be honest we are not sure. The killings only started about two weeks ago. No one has ever seen the thing; all we have is this picture from the Bestiary. We don't even know for sure that its even an Amarok. Deaton suggested it because of its killing patterns."

Stiles replied, "So no one has lived to see this thing and it only kills in the night and it only kills when the person is alone

Stiles replied, "So no one has lived to see this thing and it only kills in the night and it only kills when the person is alone."
"Sort of correct. People have been injured but are not far from death. We manage to talk to one person that described it as a 'huge white wolf.' they were his last words."
"Geat our only witnesses are either dead or in a coma about to die."
"Yeah. Sherrif has a town-wide curfew for the younger lot and a never walk alone rule in place."
Natasha replied, "Has that stopped the killings?"
"Unfortunately not" Noah replied walking into the library. "Had another one last night. Just found him by the lake. Same marks. The kid was only 15."
"I'm guessing he didn't care for the curfew or Alone rule," Steve responded. Noah looked down shaking his head. Noah then left as he wanted to tell the parents himself.

Day swiftly changed into evening. Everyone was around a circular table in the library; books and laptops scattered all over the place. Scott and Steve had just arrived back with some Chinese takeout. They spoke and ate. Stiles began, "So this snow wolf. It kills all of its victims with the same single scratch to the back. Which means it prays from behind the victim. I called the ME, all the scratches were of the same distance apart and the same indentation; which could mean this is a lone wolf. He also told me one last thing; that all of the bodies actual cause of death was hyperthermia and not the scratch." Natasha drunk some of her water before stating her finds.
"I found out that the Amarok comes from Inuit mythology; meaning this thing is normally around much colder surroundings. It originated when a boy called out the Lord of strength. The Amarok appeared. So it could be that someone has called it here like the boy once did." She chowed down on some noodles looking at Steve for him to start.
"The cold origins might explain the hyperthermia deaths. But could we also kill it using its own power? Or at least trap it?"
"What do you mean Steve?" Stiles asked.
"It kills people with the cold. Which means that it must be cold. So why don't we freeze it? or go the complete opposite and burn it."
Scott replied, "Buring might work, we know someone that is great with fire. But how do we trap it?"
"Simple, use bait." Natasha responded.

The next day the plan was finalised. Parrish didn't want to take part but who can say no to Captain America? Parrish will be the bait. Go on a lone patrol of the Preserve and hopefully lead the wolf to trip the multiple heat sensors that have been changed to sense the cold. From there we can find out its movement and where it might strike. Parrish will be told when it will strike and BOOM! flames and the hell-hound is released. "What do we do once we have the thing?" Scott asked.
"Good question" Chris Argent replied entering the room. "We trap it in freezing temperatures. If we can get the temperature to go below -30∘C then it should get too cold and die."
"So we're going to heat this bastard up to hopefully make it unconscious then somehow bring its temperature right down to bloody ice age levels?" Natasha asked.
"Correct" Argent replied. "And we do it using this" He led them outside to a huge metal shipping container. Inside the container was a metal chamber. "What is this going to do Chris?" Stiles enquired.