〉nothing〈

〈 Emma 〉

"You guys ready to go?" I asked aunt.
"Yeah yeah. You sure you're good here alone at home?" she said.
"Uh yeah. You guys won't take long wouldn't you?" I asked again.
"Not sure. But we'd text you though" she said.
"Okay. You guys should get going" I reminded, looking over at the clock.
"Lance! It's almost two thirty am let's go!" she yelled at uncle who was upstairs.
"Coming! Just wait" he yelled back and stepped downstairs shortly.

They fixed their suitcases once more and got in an uber to go to the airport.

I sighed after waving at them, being alone at home.

I am terrified if you'd ask me.

Seeing the uber had took a turn already, I decided to enter the house. A muscled figure of a man caught my attention which made me run rapidly towards the house and lock the door.

"Who the heck was that?" I whispered to myself, panting.

I slowly turn my head to the left, to see the same figure standing there. But the figure look so familiar.

I screamed, then ran towards my room upstairs, locking the door, pushing my cabinet on it and closing all the blinds.

Who the heck could that be?

I don't want to ruin their vacation if I texted them, so no to texting Uncle and Aunt.

The man could've already left, so also no to calling the police.

I just decided to read Bruises and Roses to calm myself a little.

"Don't get scared, Martha. That guy is just out of his mind" Jose reassured her.

Martha was followed by a man last evening. She immediately told Jose and she haven't brought a foot outdoors.

"My dear, stop crying. He's away now, don't cry. I'll never leave you again." he said.

The sobs of Martha slowly faded and they slowly fell asleep, Martha on Jose's chest.

"Dude what!" I exclaimed in whisper.
"There's no way everything in this book happens in my life!" I said.

There's no way everything is a coincedence.

There's no way.

"Sleep will do its thing" I mumbled to myself after closing the book and put it on the table.

〈 The Next Day 〉

Thursday.

Ethan's horn honked for the third time and I skipped downstairs, rushing.

"Couldn't you wait?" I giggled, opening the car door and going inside.
"I'm in a rush." he replied sternly with no emotion.
"O- okay then." I slowly nodded and folded my lips.

The ride was painfully slow, weirdly.

"This car should be repared" he groaned.
"Yeah I know" I added and I shut the car door.

I ran towards the library and he followed me.

"You're weird-going-to-the-library today" I looked up at him then looked down as we walked.
"You really love the word weird, don't you?" he chuckled.
"I weirdly do" I shurgged and he giggled.

I knocked on the door thrice then opened it.

Miss Minda was there, thankfully.

"Miss Minda! Omg!" I put books on my spot and ran to hug her.
"You've missed me? It was just a day" she giggled.

She looked pretty.. pale.

"What happened?" I whined as I sat on my spot.
"I didn't felt good" she replied, looking at Ethan.
"Oh why?" I asked, opening Bruises and Roses.
"Someone just went to our house and did stuff." she glanced on Ethan once more and smiled weakly at me.
"What's.. up with you tw—"
"I gotta go Emmo. See ya at lunch" he cut me off and shut the door loudly.

Miss Minda sighed deeply.

"Can I ask something? About you and Ethan?" I asked.
"T- There's nothing, Em" she replied nervously.
"Are you sure it's nothing?" I asked.
"Yes, nothing" she repeated and we giggle.
"If you say so.." I slowly nodded.

It was full on silent and footsteps started to echo outside, meaning students were starting to arrive.

"How the vacation?" Miss Minda asked out of nowhere.
"W- what?" I stuttered.
"Oh! N- nothing. Y- yeah no- none" she fold her lips and continued to fix books.

Something is up with them.

How can the book, my life, Ethan and Miss Minda can conncet all togther?

"Miss Minda, i'm going to go out early today. I feel off" I said in a quite mad tone, closing the book and leaving it there with the other ones on the table.
I stood up, "See you tomorrow Miss Minda" I shut the door.

-

"Stay away from Ethan blah blah" I mocked as I get stuff from my locker.
"Oooo look who we have here?" the annoying blond and pitchy-voiced Marie approached.
"Just the unreflective mirror. No one else" I shut the locker and turnd to face her.

Students mumbled their 'ooo' and 'burn'.

"Fierce. I hate it" she scoffed.
"Well I don't" I shrugged and walked by her, going to my next class.
"Hey wait!" she shouted, getting my attention and making me turn to face her.

A hand suddenly hit my cheek hardly.

"Fuck you and fuck your life" she smirked.

My cheek started to sting as I touch it.

I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I started to sob unstoppably.

"What did I do wrong to Marie?" I asked myself.
"Miss Minda is so right. I should stay away from Ethan" I sobbed.

I went outside to walk home. I didn't wanna finish my class, although i'm afraid what they would say because this is my first time skipping classes.

"Emmo! Wait up!" Ethan's voice yelled.

He then ran upto me as he watched me sob.

"I'm so sorry, I- i'm sorry she did that." he puts his hand behind my head and slowly pushed it to his chest.
"You did nothing wrong, i'm sorry. She won't apologize but I will" he added.

I felt really calm as he rubbed my hair with his fingers.

"You sure you're going home?" he asked, looking down at me and I just nodded.
"Then we'll get you home. Go in the car" he said and we made our way to the parking lot and went in his car.

Soon we reached my house. I get out of his car and so did he.

"Sorry again, i'd tell her to apologize" he repated.
"N- no need. Thank you for bringing me home" I smiled weakly.
"See you tomorrow" he said.
"But I won't come tomorrow" I replied and he frowned.

〉♡〈