〉love you〈

〈 Emma 〉

"Okay i'm just gonna say your mom's spaghetti is delicious. I'm in love with it" I laughed, skipping towards the car.
"Really?" he asked as he went inside.
"Yeah, and her cookies? Perfect. I should've brought some home" I said.
"Well in that case, i'd bring you cookies everyday" he said.
"Oh yeah, do you want me to pick you up again starting tomorrow?" he then asked.

I shook my head.

"How about the cookies?" he asked.
"No" I replied.
"Why?" he drove.
"It's okay. I told you I missed walking to school and home. Plus you've been picking and dropping Marie off, so your time's occupated." I replied.

Fuck I was jealous.

Completely jealous.

I saw Marie go inside his car and my blood boiled.

It was also the first time a boy calmed me after crying who wasn't Ethan.

〉flashback〈

"Oh wa- wait up why are you crying?" a familiar voice of a boy asked behind me.

I just witnessed Ethan kissing Marie again and they went inside Ethan's car, hand in hand.

"It's n- nothing" I replied, wiping my tears and quickly put on a smile.
"Is it about Ethan?" he asked and I turned around.
"I'm Jake, if you remember me. I gave you a flyer for my campaign" he said.

Jake Webber.

"Aren't you Marie's boyfriend?" I asked.
he chuckled, "No, she payed me to act like it. She was really jealous of you both" he replied.

I knit my eyebrows.

"Yeah, didn't you know? Don't believe in Ethan's words, Emma. He could either be fucking with you or not. Except if he's into you. It's your choice. I'm just here to support you" he shrugged.

I smiled.

"Uh t- thanks. I guess. I'll see you around" I replied and he walked backwards, waving at me.

〉present〈

"Are you mad at me or something?" he asked concernly.
"No no, i'm just saying what I saw" I replied, shrugging.
"Come on Emma, mature up! Marie and I are back together now. If everything wasn't clear enough for you, that lunch was just a way for me to say sorry and nothing more" he said.

My expressions dropped.

He's back with that bitch?!

"Oh so i'm the one who needs to fucking mature up when you're literally the one that makes me love you when you don't!" I yelled.
"Well that's not my problem anymore. Tell your precious little heart to stop loving me!" he retort.

His words actually cut deeper than a knife.

"I can't! I can't and I won't, Ethan!" I cried.
"Which one of us likes two girls at the same damn time?! Is it me? No, it's you!" I yelled.
"Who said I like you?" he exclaimed.

His face suddenly became soft when I started to cry.

"Because I love you Emma" he said.

〉♡〈