〉promise〈

〈 Emma 〉

I stopped sobbing.

"Yeah, I love you Emma. And you don't know how fucking hard I want to love you. But a part of me wanted to stay with Marie. She's the only girl that made me feel what was love like. Until you came, Emma. You showed more than she did. I want to leave her, but I can't." he said.

I just looked at him and waited for him to continue.

"A- and that's why I threated the librarian to tell information about you. So whenever something happens, you'd run to me." he added.
"You should've not included Missis Luzviminda here, Ethan. How am I supposed to run to you if you're the one I should be running away from?" I asked him.

He started to cry.

"I don't- I don't know Emma! I know how to feel love, but I don't know how to love. That's different. It's like you and me." He wipes his tears. "I'm begging you to love me, please" he cried.

I don't get this guy.

One moment i'm asking him to love me, and the next thing I knew he's asking the same.

But I don't think i'd obey him.

With that, I shook my head.

"I want to love you, but how can I love you when you're like this? My tears pour down for your bullshit. What if my heart breaks next?" I asked.

He kept sobbing before replying.

"Your tears break me, Emma. You don't know how much I hate you see cry right now" he looked down. "Hate to see you cry fo- for me" he said.
"If I change, do you promise to love me?" he asked.
"I need to see that change before I love you, Ethan." I replied.

It hurts.

He hurts me so bad.

"I promise to change." he said.

I nodded and gave him a weak smile.

He leaned in, and soon our lips connected.

His lips moved in-sync with mine and I closed my eyes.

-

"So how are you with your boyfriend?" uncle asked.
"Ha ha, funny" I playfully rolled my eyes and he laughed.
"No seriously, what's up? I heard you sobbing at your room" he said.
"Did you two break up?" aunt asked.
"Did he hurt you? His ass would be ripped" uncle yelled, making us laugh.
"Technically he's not my boyfriend. I used to like him. But now, I don't even know" I groaned, falling on back-first on the soft sofa.

The both of them chuckled.

"It's a part of growing, Emma. Wrong boys lead you to your future husband" aunt smiled.

I nodded, chuckling dryly.

What if Ethan's part of those wrong boys?

"They're just directions to your future. Don't rush, the right one will come" she winked and I chuckled.
"Just tell me when he hurts you. He won't attend his Christmas this year" uncle joked and we laughed.
"I will" I nodded.

〉♡〈

a/n: finally, the tea is sPiLt