〉died〈

〈 Ethan 〉

"Thanks for dropping us off Em, i'm heading to our house" Grayson said, making his way to the door.
"Not having dinner here?" Emma asked.
"I'm good. Would you guys want some spaghetti?" Grayson then asked, slightly grinning.

Emma looked at me and smiled, obviously telling me to go with Grayson at our house.

I chuckled and nodded.

"Yay! Alright, let's go back to the car" Emma said and skipped towards the door.

Grayson and I chuckled before following Emma outside.

After a quick ride, we arrived at our house and I knocked on the door.

"Grayson— Emma! Ethan, hello! Come in" mom gasped a little and she and Emma hugged.
"I wasn't expecting you guys" she giggled.
"Is there enough food for Emma and I?" I asked.
"Definitely. Eat all you can" mom replied to which Emma laughed at.

Grayson sits on the couch with a plate with spaghetti on hand, whilst I help Emma to fill her plate.

"So Emma," Grayson chews. "Why did you act so weird a while ago? Like you looked like you saw a ghost or something" he asked.

She laughed.

"Well, I saw a different person, not you. A person who I am afraid of which was weird" Emma replied.
"Oh, okay. I was just confused" Gray chuckled.
"What if there was an actual face and you saw a ghost?" I scared Emma and she whines.
"What? I'm just saying, because it might be true. Who did you saw anyway?" I asked.
"Stop scaring me. And I saw Miss Minda's face Ethan. Her face." she replied sternly, spinning her fork in the spaghetti.

I knit my eyebrows.

"Minda? As in Luzviminda?" mom then joins our conversation, sitting with us on the couch as we all ate.
"Yeah, why?" Emma asked.
"I thought she died? Like last month?" mom said, more in a question tone.

Emma's eyes grew big and squeezed my hand.

I am not a part of this.

"Wh- what?" Emma asked with a shaky voice.
"Is Minda the librarian or am I mistaken?" mom asked, unsure.
"Ethan this cannot happen" Emma held my shoulder.

Her eyes were starting to fill tears.

"Wait i'm so sorry Emma, I thought you knew" mom said, full of guilt.
"No it's okay, I just— I was just shocked" Emma wiped the unders of her eyes.

I gave her a quick hug to wash away the sudden news.

Mom gave her a glass of water to cool herself off.

"Thanks" she said before drinking.

The room was filled with comfortable silence as we ate our food. After that, Emma told me she wanted to go home.

"Just gonna drop Emma off" I said.
"Okay and hey, be safe!" mom reminded us.
"Yes mom" I said.
"Goodbye Lisa!" Emma said before closing the car door.
"Bye Emma" Grayson said.

Emma gave them a wave then I started to drive towards their house.

"Take care Em, i'm sorry about what happened between Miss Minda." I sighed, holding her hand.
"I'm good. I just need time for myself, luckily it's Friday" she dryly chuckled.
"Alright. I'm heading out now. Bye" I kissed her forehead.

After I pulled away, her eyes were scared as she focused on something or someone behind me.

"It's her Ethan" she whispered.

I confusedly furrowed my eyebrows and waved my hand infront of her face.

"She- she's gone" she said, as if she was weirden out by it.

She slowly stepped back and went inside her house.

〉♡〈

a/n: feeeeels goood to updaaaate