Chapter 1 ~ First days are hell

𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑡

𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔

Loud banging on my door, sending out slight vibrations pulls me from my den state. I sigh, sitting up in my bed, gently pulling the earbuds out of my ears and placing them on the bed beside me. I pick myself up and walk across the dark oak floor, coming into contact with my door. I turn the knob and push. Exposing  my mom standing in her pajamas and a robe.

"Good morning, Doll." She gives me a weak smile, wrinkles visible in the corner of her eyes.
I can smell the alcohol that's extruding from her breath. She must've been out and about again.
I'm surprised she's more sober than drunk.
"Hey mom" I give her a smile that doesn't reach my eyes.
"You better not be late to school, that wouldn't make me very happy." She puts her hand against my cheek, I lean into her.
I really do love my mom, we've been through so much together. At this point, she's the only one I have.
Mom pats my cheek once before returning to her room, slamming the door behind her.
I yawn and look at myself in the mirror attached to my closet door. Luckily for my mom, I've been awake since the sun came up.
I push my dark brown hair over my shoulders, fixing my curtain bangs out of my blue eyes.
I palm the front of my blue t-shirt, tucking the front into a pair of loose black jeans.
I bite my bottom lip nervously, staring at myself.
'you got this bitch' i whisper to my self before slipping on a pair of black high top vans and grabbing my backpack.

I slip out the front door without saying another word to my mother. As she's probably already blacked out.
I know some people have the greatest connection with their moms and tell them every little boring detail of their boring lives, but not me. I do love my mom and all, and I do wish her the best, I find it easier to keep to myself. Since my dad died of Pneumonia when I was 6, it's like she gave up on herself. and me.

It didn't take long until she picked up alcohol and going out to drink with her 'friends' every night.

Sometimes i wonder what it would be like if my dad were to still be alive, would she still tuck me into bed and bring me my lunch to school when i forgot it?

I cringe at myself for thinking about the past once again, I sigh and grab my skateboard. This was my fathers skateboard, he and my mom were only 19 when they had me, so I'd like to think dads watching over me when I ride it.
***
The first day of school is always hard.. I guess.  At least i'm a senior this year so i'll be out of this hell hole soon.
I usually just try to keep to myself because besides Trixie and my mom, I couldn't give two fucks about anyone in this town. Anyways, I like it better this way.

I push a loose strand of hair behind my ear and look away from the road in front of me for just a quick second when i feel my body collide with something. someone.

"Asshole!" I mutter, my ass hitting the ground, the board slips from under me and glides down the street.
I pick myself up, ready to beat the shit out of who ever was in the way. I look up. A tall figure is standing in front of me. Pierce Snyder.
I know this kid, we go to the same school.
His dark hair falls into his icy blue eyes, his face giving off a cold expression.

"Watch where your going dumbass." He says, his brows furrowed.

You could say a lot about Pierce, or I could dumb it down by saying he's an asshole with no brain cells.

"Fuck you. You were the one in the way." I day, placing a hand on his chest and shoving him away. He stumbles back before gaining composure and taking another step forward before someone grabs his arm and pulls him back, "She's not worth it, let's just go."

Pierce turns and looks me in the eyes. He huffs, and then turns and walks away. The guy who grabbed his arm watches pierce walk away before turning to me.

"Sorry about that, I know he can overreact sometimes, I'm Mason by the way" he says while holding out his fist for what i'm guessing is a fist bump?
I let out a small laugh. I look at him in the eyes, "I'm Alexandria"
I shuffling around his failed attempt at a fist bump and pick up my board and continue to school.

**********
hiiiii oml sorry if this is terrible this is my very first story i've ever written on here. so tell me what your thoughts are🥺
anyways thank you for taking the time to read this ily🖤
p.s. i'm gonna be adding some sick bops to each chapter incase you wanna listen to them<3
-via