Chapter 26~ And It Will Not Define Me.

Pierce's arms were held tightly around me, his familiar intoxicating musk clouding my emotions. I wish it were just us two on the planet sometimes. No drama, no ex's, and nobody to bother us.
Just two high school kids who found each other at the right time.
"I need you." Pierce whispered in my ear, his voice shaky.
I sighed, and unwrapped his arms that were glued around my figure. I met his eyes that had a hint of sorrow. I grabbed ahold of both of his hands.
"No you don't. You need to figure out your own problems, you can't come running to me every time it's convenient for you." I spoke quietly. Mostly because if I spoke any louder I probably would've started crying.
He didn't respond, but the silence said a thousand words.
I turned around and started walking back towards the front doors, digging my fingers nails into my palm to keep myself from turning back around.
A part of me wished he would've called out to me, but I don't think it's a good time for either of us.

___

Police Station
2:38 pm

The dreary lighting in the police station really set the mood. I met with the same detective as previous, but this time she had a lead.
"So, we've taken someone into custody, we have right to believe this man is responsible."
I nodded my head a few times, "Who?"

"Does the name Luca ring a bell?"

And that was it. It all came out.
Every memory i've bottled up, was out in the open. The way one night can effect someone's future, their entire life, and their outlook on the world. What was once left of ones innocence, immediately taken away. Along with their sense of security. We try to offer the world what is left of us, yet we don't even know what there is to give. We are mere ghostly shadows waiting for the sun to shine upon us. That girl, that night. That is not me, and it doesn't define me. It emits a distant memory of someone who is not me. Every laugh, every cry, every insult, is filled with foggy nostalgia of another time. Time is not one to ask permission, though time has been kind to me. time has taken the emotions that i might have once felt, and at the same time gave me what i needed most. In moments of dread, we tent to try and find our sense of security, our sense of home. And in this moment, there was only one person I was thinking of.

I left the business up to the police station, I couldn't stay there. I knew what I needed to do.
******
hello !! this chapter i changed a lot, and it is very short. i wanted to set the right time for the next chapter.
this chapter, specifically, is close to my heart.
speak up, tell somebody.
-