- "often", pt.2 -

I woke up in a white room, the sun setting through the blinds.

Something was beeping, someone was talking, everything was all mixed in my ears, sounding as if my ears were full of water. I felt a hand grab mine, giving it a light squeeze. It was warm and big, I recognized it as Roberts, probably trying to comfort me. My eyes opened automatically, burning at bright light.

Roberts head was on the edge of the bed, his right hand holding my hand, his left relaxing on the bed. I shook him, gesturing that I was awake now. "Robert", I whispered, trying to regain my voice since it was raspy and all.

He held his head up, rubbing his eyes, looking at me with that typical puppy look when something was going on.

I smiled as he stood up, grinning, pulling me into a hug. "Finally", he said quietly, kissing me on my cheek.

I cupped his face with my hands and pulled him closer to me,  his lips meeting mine. We were interrupted my a cough and tapping on the ground. As I looked up, I saw my parents, my mother in my dads arms, stopped crying, her brows raised at us. "Zoey!", my dad exclaimed, repeating after my mom and running to me, hugging the shit out of me.

Suddenly a nurse came in with alot of papers and looked around the room, confused. "Mrs. Greene, I would like to talk to you alone and take you to the doctor", I furrowed my brows, my head hurting from all the noise. I nodded, putting my head down on the pillow again.

Robert sat down on the seater, crossing his legs as my parents went out of the room, giving the nurse a deathstare.

The nurses coughed, looking at Robert with a confused expression. "Uhm, Mrs. Greene, is he allowed to hear the conversation?", I nodded, moving up abit so I could see the nurse fully.

She moved next to me, grabbing my hand softly, her coldness making me shiver.

"Mrs. Greene, you fainted today morning and it's nothing serious, you don't have to worry. But your head hit the ground a little bit to hard, so I would recommend you to take a break from school, mostly stay in bed and avoid stress..Well, that's all for today and I can release you today at the evening, uh, your guests would have to wait a bit", She smiled as she closed the folder.

This was all similar to my dream...well, a little bit...

At least the part where they said I was pregnant wasn't real. Thank god.

Robert again leaned to me, his lips meeting my forehead. "How do you feel?", he asked, his eyes never leaving mine. I bit my lip sideways, "a little bit better", he nodded, standing up and scratching the back of his neck, looking around the room awkwardly.

"Guess i'll wait here until evening..",

~

After the doctor checked me, I could finally leave the hospital and drive home to Robert, quietly scolding myself because I was so weak.

The car ride was silent, but it was comfortable just having Roberts hand on mine,  sometimes giving it a light squeeze.

We entered his house, me immadietly plopping down on the couch, closing my eyes, letting the heaviness take over. "You didn't even take off your outerwear!", Robert scoffed, feeling his butt on my legs. I moved my legs up, still with my eyes closed and grabbed the zipper from my boots, pulling them off. "The jacket", he commanded, crossing his arms as I opened my eyes. I furrowed my brows at him angry, mentally asking him to leave me alone.

I got up and pulled off my jacket, again plopping down and closing my eyes.

The tiredness took over, my eyes got heavier and heavier. The last thing I felt was Robert carrying me somewhere, then a soft underground.

~

I woke up to my phone vibrating on the nighstand, making me grunt slightly since I was woken up not so good.

The only thing I saw was a dark room, the only light coming from my phone, making it look scary.

I grunted again, grabbing the phone from the nighstand only to see that an unknown number was calling. Why not?

I answered the phone, my elbow resting on the bed and holding my head up. "Hello?", there was a cough, a deep, manly one. "Hello? Is this Zoey anne greene?", I furrowed my brows, this voice didn't sound familiar at all. "Uh, yes...Who is this?", I tried not to sound too rude, maybe it was someone important after all.

"Yes, this is Doctor Sowski, you were at the hospital yesterday evening", I raised my brows and looked at the clock which showed that it was 7am, Robert had to be at work by now. Wow, so I got 12 hours of sleep. What a record. "Uhm, y-yes", I awkwardly stuttered, slapping a hand on my forehead.

"We just got your results back", I started to get nervous, what if it was something bad? what if I had cancer or something?

"Congratulations, Mrs. Greene. You're pregnant. 2 months already", I frowned, my world started to break down at this point.

"Mrs. Greene? Hello?", All I could hear was those two words.
I'm pregnant?

let it be a dream, please, let me just wake up, please. No. No.

___
PLOT TWIST MY NIPS