Chapter 1 - Reunion

"Did you hear? The Green Reaper attacked Best Jeanist yesterday!"

"What? No way!"

I grinned as I heard that small part of conversation as I walked past them. Word sure goes around fast, doesn't it? The Green Reaper, the most wanted criminal in the entire world right now. The head of a villainous organization with an unknown amount of members. He who never shows his face, who has never been caught in the act. He who killed All Might... Nobody knows who the Green Reaper is exactly, or if it's even just one person. No gender, no age, no nothing.

The only thing they know for sure is that whenever the Reaper strikes, a bright green flash engulfs the surroundings. Nobody has ever seen it up close or nobody has ever lived to tell the tale. It's how that stupid nickname came to be. The Green Reaper. I don't hate it but I don't love it either. I guess it'll do for now... Because, as you might've already guessed, that Green Reaper? That's me.

I, Midoriya Izuku, a plain looking quirkless boy. Well, quirkless... Not so much anymore. A smile came to my face just thinking about how I gained this power. How much fun it was to extract One For All from All Might as he squirmed and screamed. The thrill when I finally succeeded to combine his power with a suitable quirk and enhance it. Just perfect.

"Ticket and ID please"

I was snapped out of thought by the guard in front of me. Ah yes, they upped their security this year, I almost forgot... All because of that pathetic display of so called power by that pop up wannabe evil club of my father. What do they call themselves again? Oh, right, the League of Villains. What a crappy name, surely when you realise that in short it almost spells out love. Not so threatening if you ask me.

"Oi, kid, ticket and ID. You're holding up the line" the guard barked, making me flinch back a little. Gotta uphold those appearances...
"R-right! S-sorry s-sir!" I quickly apologized, swiftly taking out what he needed to see. He grunted in acknowledgement before letting me pass. Pff, what a security update. It almost made me laugh out loud but I was able to contain myself.

In small, hurried steps, I made my way to my seat in the vip lounge. Nobody else was there since I bought the whole box. My family may appear poor, but there is money where it matters. Besides, you can't actually expect the Green Reaper to sit with the common folk, can you? Okay, that may be a little harsh... It's not that I hate people, I just love my personal space more. Plus, if you have the money, why not use it? I smiled, seeing students fill in the stadium.

Normally I don't come to this kind of hero events, but this year surely is an exception.

An ash blond first year is called up to stage, his expression a combination of bored, stubborn and angry.

You know why?

He takes the mic from Midnight, the everlasting scowl never leaving his face.

Because this year my childhood friend is competing.

"I just wanna say that I'll win this thing"

Bakugou Katsuki

The crowd looks shocked, taken aback by the bold statement. I simply chuckle, leaning back into my chair as I grab my glass of water. You really haven't changed a bit, have you Kacchan? And as expected, he does well in the first trial, which happens to be an obstacle race. In the end, he and that Todoroki boy fight for first place.

Hmm, Todoroki... Endeavor. I know for a fact he is his son, the resemblance is unmistakable. Yet there is something about him I can't place my finger on. A certain pain lingering in his eyes. Hatred. Emotions you wouldn't expect from a hero in training. Certainly not such a promising student as him, right? I wonder... What are you doing to him, my hot-headed number one?