Chapter 6 - Shinsou

By the time lunch rolled around, Shinsou and I made our way to the canteen. He elbowed me in the side, eying the ruby eyed blonde in the distance.
"Come on, go, make your move" he said, pushing me towards their table. It was now I saw their whole class was eating together, some people questioning Iida and Todoroki. I'm glad his body is adjusted because this would've been hell otherwise. I took a deep breath before walking up to them, Shinsou following me closely.

"Are these seats taken?" I asked, smiling brightly as Kacchan turned around to snap at me. His scowl vanished quickly though as he saw who I was.
"Deku?!" he exclaimed, happy yet confused. This made the majority of the table turn their heads, even some outsiders looked confused at what was happening.
"Hi Kacchan!" I smiled.

"W-what are you doing here?" he asked confused as I sat down next to him, Shinsou taking a seat across from mine.
"I go to school here dummy! General studies" I explained happily.
"You know it has always been my dream of attending UA"
"Tch..."
"Y-you're... You're not happy that I'm here?" I asked, making my bottom lip tremble a little.

"That's not it, you dumb nerd" he groaned, glaring at me.
"Why the hell don't you ever tell me something? I always have to discover this shit myself"
"I-I wanted to surprise you..." I pouted.
"Well, I fucking hate surprises. Just fucking tell me next time, shithead" he grunted, making me smile again.

"Hey, you're that guy from general studies that fought Todoroki, right?" Kaminari asked, who sat next to Shinsou.
"Oh, uhm, yes. Y-you remember that?" he asked, a little taken aback.
"Of course dude! Your quirk is awesome!" Denki stated, smiling widely at Shinsou, making him blush as he looked away. He wasn't used to being praised. It was cute.

"So how was your internship?" I asked, which made Kacchan start an angry rant, just as I expected. It was funny, hearing it from his point of view while I've already seen all the objective images. I got a few weird stares from people but shrugged it off. Although I noticed Todoroki eying me quite often... At the end of lunch, I decided to speak up about it.

"Todoroki-kun, is it true you actually saw the hero killer up close? That must've been really scary!" I stated as most people were leaving.
"It was" he sighed, seeing Iida look at us from the corner of his eye.
"Endeavor saved you, right? I bet it was really cool! With all that fire and-" I started, eying the bathroom as I spoke. I saw he got the hint and excused himself before leaving.

"Uhm, Midoriya-kun?"
"Ah, Uraraka-san" I smiled.
"I wouldn't pressure Todoroki too much into talking about it... He's a very private person"
"Oh, sorry, I didn't know" I said, quickly waving my hands around in surrender.
"Won't happen again, promise!"

"Ya coming or what nerd?" Kacchan hissed, waiting for me to walk to class. Or at least the part we could walk together.
"You can go on without me, I need to go to the bathroom first" I chuckled, scratching the back of my neck before making my way to the toilets. There he was waiting for me, young Todoroki.

"I noticed you couldn't keep your eyes off me, Sho~" I teased, seeing him tense up for a second since I'm speaking to him in my Green Reaper voice.
"Something you want to tell me, perhaps~?"
"I was just wondering when my training is going to start" he said without stuttering. Look at that, he's making progress! Or at least he's not so scared of me anymore.

"You know my father keeps me on a tight leash... Sneaking away won't be easy"
"I have my ways... Believe me, getting you to headquarters isn't our biggest concern" I said.
"What's a bigger issue is how to hide the pain and bruises you'll receive from using your newly obtained power. I told you before it goes hand in hand with a certain transformation of appearance. Holding onto that form while training will drain you"