Chapter 34 - Licence Exam

Pov Todoroki
I looked over to the arena, seeing the box-like room fall down, revealing the contestants. Sighing, I glanced aside to Midoriya, who had a look of determination on his face.
"Do you really think this is a good plan?" I asked, looking back down at the licence exam.
"Security is upped to the max after you pulled that stunt with Monoma"

"Not my fault that twerp was in my way" Izuku muttered angrily.
"Besides, it was kinda fun killing him... Great stress relief"
I bit my lip, shivers running down my spine as I remembered the sight of Monoma's corpse... It was all over the place. 'UA STUDENT KILLED ON CAMPUS'. We're pretty fucking lucky the boss took out all camera's and any other evidence pointing at him. Nobody knew who did it or why. It was all a great mystery with one simple answer. Wrong place, wrong time. That's all it was...

"Why did you send Shinsou and Kaminari off to one of the other exams? Aren't we stronger together?" I asked, mindlessly watching students fight each other.
"Oshi asked me for some quality time with his boyfriend~!" Midoriya sang, smiling a little.
"Besides, he needed a place to test his new voice box. You know, it can make his voice sound like other people and amplify it as well. Goes well with his quirk"

"Hmm, if you say so..." I sighed, my eyes diverting to the stands. I quickly spotted Aizawa, who tried to keep his distance from Joy. Soon a third figure joined them and my eyes widened. Toya... Of course, he was still doing that stupid volunteery teacher work... Ugh.
"Look! Look! Look! There he is!" Midoriya yelled, slapping me on my arm and pointing over at a certain ash blonde, exploding all over the place.

"You know... There are better ways to get revenge on your cheating boyfriend then to ruin his chance at getting a hero licence" I stated, knowing I won't get through to him either way. Once the boss has set his mind on something, nothing can keep him from his goal.
"Ex-boyfriend" he corrected me, for starters.
"Also, he fucking cheated on me Todoroki-kun! I can't let him simply get away with that! How would you feel if the love of your life cheated on you with their so called best friend huh?"

"I...don't know" I answered honestly. I've never been in love before, not that I know of, so I don't know how I would react in this specific situation. Well, I love Izuku, but more like a brother and a friend. I love my family too, both those bound by blood and those bound to me by the union. I care for them, I do. But to be in love with someone... That I have yet to experience.
"Well, then you can't have a say in the matter" Izuku stated matter-of-factly before looking back down into the arena.

"Let's give them a show they'll never forget~"

I rolled my eyes at that, staring back at the arena as a loud guy caught my eye. He used the sheer power of wind to defeat his enemies. So powerful... He's kinda handsome... I quickly shook my head, following Izuku. Maybe I'm not as straight as I originally thought...

Pov Bakugou
I sighed as yet another extra went down. My anger seemed endless and I was taking it all out on my opponents.
"Whoo Bakugou! Take it easy! Or there aren't any people left for us!" tape dispenser exclaimed. He knew damn well I wasn't marking any of them. I just came here to fight, to get my mind off things.

I don't care whether I pass or not, which is saying a lot about how miserable I feel. Izuku dumped me... I cheated on him with my best friend... Shitty hair took advantage of me in that moment. I'll never forgive him for breaking my relationship with Izu...

The green head refused to talk to me and avoided seeing me at all cost. I think he's been avoiding the whole lot of 1-A all together, knowing they would try shit to get us back together. I guess the class cares for me to some extend? They did watch over me when Ei and Izu were captured so...
"Let's mark them and finish early!" raccoon eyes smiled, ready to let one of her balls touch one of the enemy markers.