Chapter 26 - Black-Out

Pov Kaminari
"What the hell is he talking about?" Bakugou asked, glaring at me.
"I-I..." I choked out, swallowing the lump in my throat. I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment before pulling up my sleeve. Todoroki stared wide eyed, knowing what I was about to do.
"Yaoyorozu, could you please make a knife for me?" I asked quietly.

"What are you going to do with it?" she asked, her quirk already working.
"Kaminari, explain yourself, what is happening here?" Todoroki asked, an angered but concerned tone lingering in his voice.
"I'm calling back up" I said with a forced smile while taking the knife from Momo. Before anyone could react, I'd cut my arm. I winced, prying out the small tracker device the Reaper implanted in me. A safety measure, everyone in the union had it.

I breathed heavily as it fell to the ground and everyone gasped or stared in shock. This wasn't the Kaminari they knew...but this is the Kaminari I've become...
"Destroy it" I muttered towards Kirishima. Meanwhile Yaoyorozu was making bandages and Iida was screaming in terror. Bakugou simply stared at me with a blank expression, one very much like the one he made when people wanted to protect him during the villain attack at camp. And Todoroki... Well, his face was unreadable, like always.

"Why did you do that?! What is that device?!" Iida yelled, mimicking a robot. Momo started wrapping the bandages around me arm and I silently thanked her.
"It's in pieces" Kirishima stated after stomping on it for a while.
"That means he'll come, right?"
I nodded and saw that send Katsuki over the edge somehow. He grabbed my shirt, lifting me up from the floor and started to yell.

"OKAY WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! WHO THE FUCK IS COMING?! TALK TO ME DUNCE FACE OR ELSE-!"
"The Green Reaper" I said on a monotone voice, shocking the whole room, except for Shoto and Eijirou.
"W-what..." Bakugou whispered, slowly letting me go and taking a step back.
"My tracker is destroyed, it'll send a distress signal directly towards him" I continued and sighed.

"I-I'm so so sorry... I never wanted you guys to find out this way... I just..."
Tears started forming in my eyes and my field of vision got blurry.
"Kaminari is Black-Out" Kirishima breathed, crossing his arms. Momo gasped, the guys just stared.
"I don't have time for this" I groaned, wiping away my tears.

"Scold me all you want later, okay? Where is the building's power supply? I need to charge myself up if we wanna pull this off"
"The basement" Todoroki said neutrally. I nodded, giving one last glace at my friends before leaving the room.
"Oi! I'm not leaving you out of my fucking sight asshole!" Bakugou shouted, marching up after me.

"No Bakugou! We shouldn't split up! It's dangerous!" Iida yelled, also coming after me. In the end everyone followed me to the basement, where I grabbed to power lines and absorbed all of the electricity. I transformed in the process since my body can't handle the amount of energy otherwise.

"It really is you..." Katsuki whispered, clenching his fists.
"Y-you... You were the one who rescued me from the League..."
It was weird to hear his voice so vulnerable, so fragile. Trembling, scared...
"What kind of friend would I be if I left you hanging?" I asked with a small smile.

"Of course I had to get you home as soon as possible! I mean, the Reaper would've let you live, I think... But he did slaughter basically the whole League so I'm not that sure..."
"Kaminari! Shut up!" Kirishima hissed, making some heads turn. It was like the red head was a whole new person as well...
"Right... Just, uhm, just stay behind me, okay? A-and don't touch me. I don't want to hurt any of you on accident" I muttered while making my way back upstairs.

"You do realise we're telling the teachers about this, right?" Yaoyorozu asked as we made our way to the exit of the building.
"I'm well aware" I sighed, turning around to look at them. A small smile crept up my face and I scratched the back of my head.
"You know, I've never lied about anything other than this... I really do love all of you guys and if this is the way I gotta go so be it" I forced out, choking back the tears.