Chapter 12 - Compassion

Pov Bakugou
"Something wrong Kacchan?" Deku asked as we were eating lunch.
"Yeah bro, you've been suspiciously quiet" shitty hair agreed. Fuck! Why do I keep thinking about that damn icyhot?! Oh yeah, because those fucking wip lashes across his back ain't fucking normal! I saw old and new scars when looking at him earlier, so I know it had been going on for some time now.

I mean, I don't exactly know his healing rate, since some quirk bound people tend to heal quicker than the quirkless. My first thoughts were the Reaper, but things just don't add up at all. It worries me... Not that I'll ever admit that. Additionally there was the fact Aizawa sensei suddenly came back just to steal Todoroki from the group, which was strange to.

"Tch" I scowled, acting like nothing was wrong.
"Maybe I just don't wanna talk to a bunch of shitheads like you, how bout that?"
"And here I was, getting my hopes up" Ashido sighed.
"Guess you're still the same old grumpy Pomeranian you always were"
"What the hell did you jut call me?!" I hissed as the table laughed. Everyone, including Deku.

Ugh, that damn laugh... The shitty nerd doesn't know what it does to me...
"I think his hair looks more like a dandelion" Deku commented, still chuckling.
"I knew I wasn't the only one!" dumbass gasped, looking at my nerd like he just found his soulmate or something. I glared at him as if saying 'Fuck off, he's mine', which made him look away instantly.
"Well, you hair looks like a fucking broccoli" I stated.

"Aw Kacchan, come on, it was just a joke" he smiled.
"Wait, so is Midoriya a part of the squad or-?" Jirou asked Sero confused.
"Oh no, Bakugou doesn't want to share him with us" tape dispenser reacted. Luckily Deku didn't hear, but his friend did.
"Is there something going on that I don't know about?" the insomniac asked, raising a brow, a playful smile resting on his lips.

Kaminari whispered something in his ear, I could already guess what... I swear I will kill that walking battery someday! But then I saw Shinsou whispering something back, making dunce face's eyes widen. He immediately looked at me with a wide smile and gave me a thumps up. I frowned. What the hell? Kirishima rolled his eyes, having figured it out instantly.

"He likes you too dude" the red head deadpanned, making sure only I could hear it. My face flushed red and Mina quickly snapped a picture of the moment, posting it in our group chat with the caption 'He's so in love~' and a bunch of hearts and kissing smileys.
"Am I missing something here?" Deku asked as everyone looked down on their phone, containing their smiles and laughter.

"Nah, it's nothing" Shinsou said, waving it off while looking at me with serious eyes. Hurt him and you die. Now that's a serious friendship right there. I can appreciate that, knowing someone is looking after my Deku when I'm not around.
"Just a meme, here look" Kaminari said, covering it up perfectly by showing Deku a random photo he had in his collection. It made Izuku laugh. Alright, so there actually are reasons I'm keeping them alive, good to know that. I smiled a little, slowly shaking my head. They really are something else.

"Hey, isn't that Todoroki's sister?" Jirou asked, pointing at a girl stalking Present Mic through the canteen. There were some red streaks in her hair but it was mostly white. She wore glasses and kept her head down for the most part.
"What would she be doing here?" Sero asked confused. I frowned. Something seriously fucked up is happening with the Todoroki's, that's for sure...

"Maybe she's here for Todoroki?" Kaminari suggested.
"Yeah, no shit dunce face" I stated.
"Why else would she be here?"
"Could be why Aizawa sensei pulled him away earlier" Mina muttered, seriously thinking about this.

I noticed Deku looking down at the table, somewhat conflicted with himself.
"You okay there nerd?" I asked.
"Yeah... Just worried, I guess" he said, fumbling with the ends of his sleeve, a sign he was nervous. Brainwasher noticed this as well, biting his lip a little. Was there something they weren't telling me?