Chapter 36 - Meeting Up

Pov Midoriya
I was quiet on our way back to the base, not really wanting to talk about what happened. Kacchan knows... He knows! I should be panicking, I should be threatening him with death or torture him at HQ but...but I didn't... I was calm, at peace. He knows. He finally knows. The one and only secret I've been keeping from him throughout time. Why am I not bothered by it? He could easily tell on me. He could ruin everything! Yet a small voice inside of me said he would never do that.

Even if he despised who I am, who I've become, he'd never betray me like that. I wasn't sure whether or not to listen to that voice, since my heart was still aching, the afterimage of his betrayal with Kirishima burned into my eyes. I silently shook my head. No. I can't think like that. Besides, what's the worst that could happen if I'm discovered? Huh... I've never actually thought about that...

For sure people would try to use my weak points against me, but that's not really going to effect me. Why did I hide my identity again? Oh, right, for Kacchan... But he knows now, doesn't he?
"Todoroki-kun" I said suddenly, breaking the silence.
"How does it feel to have everyone know who you are behind the mask?"
"Oh uhm..." he breathed, taken aback by the sudden question.

"I-I don't know... Liberating, in a way, I guess? But also very restricting... I can't go out into the world like you anymore. I've always got a target on my back now that it's known I'm Ace"
"Yeah... I guess..." I muttered.
"Why the sudden question?" he asked, giving me a confused look.
"Are you planning on revealing yourself?"
"No, no that's not it... It's just..." I sighed. Should I tell him about Katsuki? Maybe not yet...

"It's nothing. Forget I asked"

We arrived at HQ not much later, silently walking to the changing room and switching clothes.
"Welcome back boss!" Kaminari smiled as we walked upstairs. I frowned. Why is he so happy to see me? Is there something going on I don't know about?
"How did it go?" Shinsou asked.
"We totally kicked ass!" Denki added.
"Good for you" I muttered.

"I don't want to talk about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go home early today"
"See you tomorrow, Izuku" Shoto said with a small smile.
"Yeah..." I sighed, walking off. I made sure not to be seen and quickly made my way back home. Oh God... I hated this kind of moments...
"I'm home" I called out, already seeing him sitting in the living area.

"Ah, hello Izuku. How was your day?" dad asked, giving me an innocent smile as mom returned with two cups of tea.
"Splendid" I growled out, glaring at him. My ex knows I'm a super villain! Couldn't be happier!
"Oh hi Izuku honey! Do you want some tea as well?" she asked.
"That would be great, thanks mom" I smiled, taking over the cups from her and placing them on the small table in between the couches.

"No need to be so hostile son" dad chuckled.
"Not my fault your play things can't look after themselves"
"I'd say the same about yours but you don't have any left, do you?" I smirked.
"Or isn't that why you want us to move in with you again? Petty revenge?"

"This silly little father-son rivalry has nothing to do with it" dad stated, sipping his tea.
"You're quirkless Izuku, at least in the eyes of the world. And it worries me as a parent, don't you understand that? What if it had been another organisation? What if you were taken by people who actually meant harm and you wouldn't be able to fight back?"

"I am capable of looking after myself" I growled, making my eyes glow a bright green for just a second before mom walked in.
"Here you go sweetie! Did you have a nice day at school? Did you have a chance to tell your friends about the move?"
"No" I muttered, looking down at the cup in my hands.
"I don't wanna move, mom... Why don't you get that? Everything I want is here!"

"We do get that, but this isn't up for discussion" dad stated on a serious tone.
"If it is my affairs that brings the two of you in danger, no matter legal or illegal business, I will take my responsibility to make sure you are protected"
"Well have you ever considered we don't need your protection?!"
"Izuku!" mom gasped.
"What?! It's true! If he just stayed out of our lives none of this would've happened!" I yelled in anger.