Chapter 20 - Kota

Pov Midoriya
The next morning, training continued. This evening we would compete in a test of courage. Well, everyone except the ones who were stuck with the extra lessons. We pulled straws to make the teams, but since we were uneven someone had to go alone. And you guessed it! Lucky me...
"Is it safe to send Midoriya in alone?" Ochako asked.
"I'm not defenceless you know" I pouted.
"Yeah, think he can't handle it round face?" Kacchan added.

"It's not like they'll actually attack us or something" Todoroki shrugged. Everyone agreed I should be able to go alone, yet it all went downhill from there... Of course the League of Villains had to attack! Of fucking course! It made me groan out loud. Like... Really dad? I knew everyone here was able to defend themselves, but we weren't allowed to use our quirks without permission which made it a little more tricky.

"Kota?! Has anyone seen Kota?!"

My eyes widened. Not everyone here can defend themselves... There is only one place I can think of. His secret base.
"I know where he is! I'll get him to safety!" I shouted and started running. God how I wish I could just use my telekinesis right about now! I could've just flown there in a blink of an eye! Ugh, this is such a hassle... When I finally reached the cliff, some huge muscular guy was about to punch Kota to his death. I couldn't let that happen. So I did what I shouldn't have done, I activated my quirk.

A green aura surrounded the man's hand and no matter how hard he tried, he wasn't able to move it. It did put a strain on me though... How fucking strong is this guy?!
"Y-you..." Kota whispered, backing off quickly now that he was out of danger for a seconds. I knew my hair and eyes were glowing and even though I knew he was scared, I gave him a bright smile.
"Don't worry Kota, everything is going to be okay. I'm here to protect you now"

"Ah, it's you" the man laughed, turning around to face me. He had one fake eye and a smug grin on his face.
"The big boss says I can't kill you, Green Reaper~"
"Oh? So my father spoke of me? How nice" I smiled, clenching my fist and thereby crushing his body. His muscles reformed fast though and I'm not sure which one of us would give out first.

"Kota, please, I know you're scared but you have to trust me, okay? Your aunt is very worried about you and I promised her I'd bring you back to her. So please come to me, now that I still have full control over his body"
Surprisingly enough, Kota didn't waste any time running over to me and hiding behind my back. Wasn't he afraid of me? Of what I could do? He knows I've been lying about having a quirk and yet he trusts me almost blindly...

"T-that's the g-guy that k-killed my parents" Kota whispered, shakily standing on his legs. I frowned, glaring at the man in front of me.
"You know, when I said I can't kill you, it doesn't mean I don't have the power to!" he laughed, freeing himself from my hold, the green glow fading away. I cursed under my breath, protecting Kota at all cost.
"The big boss doesn't want his precious little son to get hurt~!"

"Well if you think you can beat me, bring it on!" I yelled angrily.
"I'll show dad I don't need his protection anymore!"
I stretched my hands, throwing him into the rock wall with force, but his muscles just regenerated. Fuck!
"Okay Kota, I'm gonna need you to get on my back okay?" I asked, kneeling down so he could get on.

"Hold on tight!"

I jumped right before muscular over here punched us both to the afterlife, leaving a big crater in the ground. I used my quirk to make us fly, giving me a good overview on everything that was going on. A part of the forest was on fire, another part was clouded with gas. And then there was this big fight going on at the open area where we had trained.

"You can't escape from me!"

I nearly dodged another attack as he jumped up in the air to get to us. Maybe if I can get him to smash himself into the ground..? I quickly dove down while he was still in the air, making him aim at us with full force.
"Kota, cover your eyes" I ordered as I waited for the right moment to step aside. He did as I asked and right before muscular hit the ground, I dodged. I flew up above him, kicking him down with all my might, tearing his muscles apart.