Chapter 22 - Toya

Pov Midoriya
"He's safely on his way, boss"
The moment Kaminari said those words, a huge grin came to my face. Good, I didn't want Kacchan seeing this... My bloody revenge on the League of Villains. A statement to my father.
"Hear that dad? Let's see~ Oh I know! Let's all pick one member who gets to live!"
Todoroki and Kaminari exchanged glances but didn't question my authority. They wouldn't dare, knowing what I was capable of.

"Ace?"
He stepped up to Dabi, just like I knew he would. Ah, the bond between brothers is truly special, isn't it?
"We still have to talk, Toya"
"Don't use that cursed name, Shoto" he hissed in response. I rolled my eyes, gesturing to Denki.
"Black-Out?"
"Oh, uhm...." he mumbled, looking around for a bit before stopping in front of Toga.
"Well, guess I'll save the girl"

"Great choices, both of you!" I smiled, walking up to Shigaraki.
"And then there is you~ Daddy dearest little favorite~ I despise you, Tenko. Therefore you may live... I wanna see you squirm, feel my wrath"
I chuckled, looking in the direction of my father's voice.
"We might be family by blood, but remember my words. Cross me again and it will be your life" I hissed, letting the green aura take over my body.

The glow also surrounded those who were not chosen and they screamed in agony. Slowly, their bodies were teared apart, blood spilling everywhere. I think Kaminari ran out at some point to vomit outside. Todoroki wasn't a big fan either but he endured.
"Alrighty! Ace, you can unfreeze them now, our job here is done" I smiled, walking past Shoto on my way out. There I found Kaminari leaning against the building, looking up at the sky. He had some blood on his clothes but I knew it wasn't his.

"Everything okay?" I asked, shocking him out of thought.
"I know it can be quite rough to see me doing stuff like that... I won't blame you if you don't want anything to do with me anymore"
"N-no, no, i-it's fine" he choked out, but we both knew that was a lie. He didn't even look at me, scared all over again.
"You're a villain, the killer of All Might out of all people... I should've expected this" he whispered, rubbing his arms.

I frowned, now standing next to him. Neither of us looked at each other, we just stood there in silence until I spoke up.
"You know, I was still quirkless when I took down All Might" I whispered with a small smile.
"He'd almost killed my dad and I... I was just so angry because people kept praising him... He was my first kill, my ticket to power. It's because of that impulsive decision I had to move away, something I still regret up until today"

I glanced aside, seeing he was listening. Good.
"I only kill when I have to, you know? It's an action with irreversible effects and heavy consequences, a burden for me alone to bare. But you must understand, they killed my people, it's only natural for me to return the favour. Otherwise the survivors would be left with rage and an unsatisfied grudge. I can't have that"
"Yeah... No, I understand, that's not it-Wait. You really were quirkless? I thought that was just an act you put on?"

"Oh, no, it's the harsh truth unfortunately" I chuckled, looking back down upon the ground.
"I genetically altered my mother's quirk so it would be compatible with my body. Since we are close blood relatives, it was the easiest quirk to access. After that I enhanced it with One For All, gaining my current power level"

"Does your mom know? I mean, your dad obviously does" he muttered.
"No, she doesn't. She doesn't know anything, just as blind as the rest of the world" I sighed.
"It's for the best though... She doesn't need to know I'm a villain. My father being one already puts enough stress on her"

"What are we talking about?"

I looked aside, seeing Shoto walk towards us. His costume has blood on it, just like mine. Oh God I just hope this doesn't stain! Argh...
"You finished up in there?" I asked and he nodded.
"Good" I smiled, looking up to see Crowley had returned from his delivery mission. Denki and I took Crowley and Shoto claimed Purrcy.