Chapter 42 - Start of the Siege

Pov Todoroki
The bell rang as I helped Fuyumi and grandma with breakfast. I frowned. Who the hell needs anything of us on a Saturday morning?
"I'll take it" Natsu muttered from behind his books.
"No, you study" Fuyumi hissed, pointing at our brother.
"I'll get the door, Toya you cut these"

She handed me a banana for her fruit salad and disappeared to the hallway. I rolled my eyes, swiftly cutting the yellow fruit into pieces. After that I started on the strawberries, thinking it was rather strange Fuyumi wasn't back yet.
"Hey sis, who's at the door?!" I called out, getting no response whatsoever. I locked eyes with Natsu, who gave me a similar look.

Something is off.

I slowly started walking in the direction of the front door, knife at hand, when Toga appeared in the doorframe, holding one of her blades to Fuyumi's throat. The grip around my knife tightened and a cold void ran over my heart in fear.
"Hello Dabi~! Long time no see!" she giggled. If she's here, that means-

"Yes, it has been a while indeed..."
"Tomura" I hissed as the hand covered freak walked into the room. Natsu got up as well, ready to fight if necessary.
"I wouldn't try anything if I were you" the League leader chuckled, pointing out the fact Himiko was still holding onto my sister.
"What the hell do you want?" I snapped, placing the knife back on the counter.

"Master is very angry at you Dabi, since you betrayed us and all that" Shigaraki explained, taking a few steps in my direction.
"Believe me, I am aware" I muttered, crossing my arms while glaring at him.
"You really wound those heroes around your finger, didn't you? Master wasn't able to pull you from their grip at all" Shiggy sighed.
"So that means we'll have to switch to plan B"

At that moment armed people stormed the house, overwhelming us in mere seconds. The League had been expending, re-building, and that all in silence... I think that people already forgot about them at this point but no, they're still here. I stared wide eyed as they tied up my family, throwing them together in a corner. I was bound as well. Quirk erasure handcuffs.

"If you hurt them, I swear to God Tomura-" I growled, glaring at the maniac, who was simply laughing at my pathetic show of intimidation.
"I won't lay a finger on them... That is, if you comply"
So that's how it is... They're gonna do some reckless shit and need me to catch all the blame in the end. Great... I glanced aside at my sister, brother and grandmother. They don't deserve to pay for all the mistakes I've made...

Cause that's what I am, right? A mistake. At least that's what father always used to yell... That I'm malfunctioned, born wrong... Weak. No. No, I'm not weak. I refuse to give in, to give these clowns the satisfaction of killing the ones I love right before my very eyes. And I know they won't hesitate to do just that if I refused to help them. Therefore I sighed, letting out a deep breath.

"Alright, what do you want me to do?"
"Toya, no!" Fuyumi yelled.
"We can take care of ourselves! Don't let them ruin all your progress!" Natsu added. I clenched my fists, glaring at them. Do they really not see they're in fucking danger?! Hell, even I'm not sure if I'll be dead within a week or not.
"Shut up!" I hissed.

"Don't you idiots have eyes?! They've got us surrounded, bound by quirk erasure cuffs, and have the power to kill any of us on the spot! Screw the way society sees me, I'll happily fucking sacrifice myself for you guys! It's... It's what I've always done, isn't it?"
"Oh, so heroic~" Shigaraki laughed.
"Oh shut your trap" I snapped.
"What are you up to now huh? I take it the danger level is about the same as the camp invasion? So what kind of crazy shit are we pulling off this time?"

"A heist" he smirked. What? A heist? That's so...normal? I guess, in the eyes of villains, it's one of the most regular crimes. They don't really think that's gonna put the League back on the map, right? There has to be something else...
"So what's so special about it?" I asked, squinting my eyes a little.
"Well, it's not the kind of heist you're thinking about... A little more, uhm, spectacular, if you will" Shigaraki grinned.