Chapter 22

As the lights of the stage began to glow I began to think of possible strategies to use for out fight. Maybe if one of us focused on the painting while the other is very aggressive. But if one of us were to die that would be a setback. I stopped my mental discussion as I saw Team Lite standing up and observed them. It was a boy and a girl. The boy seemed very confident from the stands he took as he leaned with a splat roller on his shoulder. I was really focused on the hairstyle he chose as it wasn't the usually ponytail. In fact, he didn't even have any hair!! The girl had her down like mine and had her E-liter resting on her shoulder. Looks like the strategy I just came up with might not be as unique as I would have hoped. I looked at Team Dark and saw the two kiddos from earlier.

"The one with her hair trimmed has a different color .52 Gal." 

"That's what concerns you? The other one has a roller I've never seen before!" Although seeing a black .52 Gal surprised me, I couldn't even begin to describe the roller. The game begin as the two teams began to go forward. Before 20 seconds had passed, the Gal had their special charged up. Both teams had one on each side of the map. I switched my focus to the rollers that were about to go head to head. I looked at the one with the bun and observed her roller. Seems like a regular splat roller. She spotted the enemy and jumped while turning her roller vertical. When she swung, the distance of the paint went like a dynamo roller. "I want that roller!" Angel shook his head and kept focusing. I looked at where the E-liter was to see it camping. How is the Gal going to push her out. That's when she jumped high in the air with what seemed like a ball of paint.

"Booyah!" I heard from the people in the audience. I looked back at the person to see the ball of ink get bigger before she launched it at the E-liter. The E-liter began to run backwards as the ink-ball began to spread but it was too late.

LatiLite Splatted by Doom-Dark

"What kind of special is that?!" I looked back at the rollers to see one of the jump up at the air and went directly down causing a ring of their ink around them.

Darky-Dark Splatted by QuickLite

"Okay I need to see whatever town they are from. Their specials are so cool!" 

"Maybe we can ask about it when the tournament is over." I nodded at the idea and looked back at the game. Seeing how unique their specials were and how different the weapons acted made me excited to do this tournament. Maybe the team we are going against will have weapons like these. The game kept going back and forth before Team Dark were announced the winners. Angel and I stepped out of the lobby and began to make our way to lobby 2. On our way there we noticed the players from earlier.

"Doom we did it!" The other girl said as she gave her a hug.

"We had nothing to worry about Dark." Doom said as she released from the hug.

"Oh it's you two again!" They both turned towards us as Angel and I made a detour in their direction.

"Hello! Shouldn't you guys have a match to play?" Dark said

"We are on our way to the lobby right now, I just wanted to say good job!" I said giving them a smile.

"Thank you good luck in your match!" Dark said smiling.

"Alright team Dark that was a good game. Don't expect to win the next one." I looked to see who said that and noticed the charger player from earlier.

"I don't know Quick, the next time we see each other, it will be a regular tourney and we have a new strategy." Dark responded.

"Dark please, we have a new strategy as well. You aren't ready for what will happen to you then." Quick begin to get closer to Dark as she began to take a step back. She was clearly intimidated.

"Well nice talking with you but Dark and I have another match to worry about." Doom spoke up as she dragged Dark away from them.

"That just happened." Angel said as we turned and began to walk away.

"Hey you two!" I turned to see the other member of team Lite getting our attention.

"What's up?" 

"You see, I'm a big fan of you guys and I was wondering if I can get a picture." She said giving a small smile.

"Latiator you aren't suppose to go up to other teams like that."

"It's no bother, we enjoy seeing fans!" I said looking at Quick before focusing back on Lati.

"Take the picture Quick!" Lati handed her phone to Quick as he sighed and held up her phone. Angel and I stood on both sides of her while he took the picture.

"Alright it was nice meeting you two! We have to head into our match now so have fun you two!" I smiled at both of them while Angel and I began to walk into our assigned lobby.

"Thank you! Good luck!" Lati said. We walked to our lobby and I looked at the three weapons I picked.

"I'm not sure what to pick. I could go with charger but I'm not sure I feel confident with it right now."

"Go with your best weapon, we don't really know what to expect from the team we are going against." Angel said as he grabbed the Splattershot.

"I guess that would be smart." I grabbed the Gold Dynamo Roller as we walked out of the waiting room and onto the stage platform. We both went into squid form and waited for our turn.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it took some time for this chapter to go up. Kinda procrastinated but I hope you enjoyed it! Peace fellow unicorns and stay fresh!!!