Chapter 3

Anthony's POV

I woke up to something wet falling on my face

I woke up to something wet falling on my face. I open my eyes to see Aubree leaning over my face. "Come on Bre, you had to wake me up like that." She just giggles sitting back on her butt clapping her hands. I shake my head laugh. I sit up grabbing her looking around the room remembering I was at Melanie's house. "Let's go see where your brother and my future wife at."

Getting up, I make my way out of the room and downstairs where I hear music being played, and the sound of Amani singing at the top of his lungs. I hear Melanie laugh, and say, "Sing it baby."

My chest kind of tightened up at the sight in front of me once I saw them in the kitchen. Melanie swinging her hips in front of the stove cooking, while Amani wiggles his little body dancing on top of the island in the middle of the kitchen that he was sitting on.

This beautiful view of what I'm missing out on witnessing every morning, because I messed up. I couldn't help but admire Melanie. She was wearing this wife beater that was obviously was to big on her, because it was knotted up in the back. No doubt in my mind, it was one of my old clothes I used to let her borrow to sleep in. She was also wearing some baggy green plaid pajama pants. She had her hair in this half up/half down style. She was beautiful, she always looks beautiful to me in whatever she wears.

She turns her head in my direction, I guess feeling me staring at her. She walks over to me. "I was just about to come get you, are you hungry cutie?"

"Well yeah a nigga could go for some good old breakfast," I said rubbing a hand over my stomach. She rolls her eyes taking Aubree from me. "I was talking to the baby not you Anthony."

"Ok but you still gone feed a nigga right," I asked kind of worried she was gone make my ass starve. Even thought she let me spend the night out of the goodness of her heart, and cleaned me up last night does not mean I am back in her good graces. She could be petty and make me starve while she and the kids eat in front of me.

"I may not like you, but I wouldn't let you starve. I am a nice person after all Anthony." I smile feeling somewhat relieved. I sit at the table watching Melanie move around the kitchen with Bre on her hip talking to her. "Go wash your hands Mani so you can get eat."

Mani climbs down from the island and runs off to the bathroom, as Mel puts Aubree down in the high chair and placing a plate of food down in front of me.

She goes back into the kitchen, fixing two more plates, and grabbing glasses out of the cabinet.

Just watching her move around the kitchen brings back a lot of memories of when she'd spend the night over me and moms and woke me up in bed with a hot plate of food.

If I don't do anything in this world, I will make damn sure I wife this woman, and make her have a few more of my kids.

We were all now sitting at the table eating. I was feeding Bre some oatmeal, when a phone began ringing.

Melanie gets up going into the kitchen grabbing the her phone answering it, "Hey Bae."

I look up from Aubree looking at Melanie like she was crazy. I know she not on the phone with  no nigga, especially in front of me.

"You still coming over today," Aubree asks making me wanna toss the bowl oatmeal over at her ass. "Aye who is that you on the phone with," I ask not liking how she was smiling and shit on the phone.

"My new nigga, stop worrying about who I'm on the phone with, and feed that baby," She said waving me off. Oh she crazy, crazy talking to me like I won't come over there thump her ass on the forehead or something.

She says, "Mmhmm," while smirking at me like something was funny. I won't ever physically harm Melanie, but she making me wanna body slam her ass.

"You can come over now, and bring him with you, I guess it'll be fun," Melanie said taking a bite out of her toast. Who the hell is she talking to, and why is she inviting another male over here?

"Aye Mel don't make me come over there and punch yo ass in your forehead, I asked you a question, who is that on the damn phone," I snapped ready to hop out my seat.

"Watch yo mouth Deshawn, and I'm on the phone with Kehlani, Jesus Christ, do I need to tell you what she's wearing right now too," She hissed at me rolling her eyes.

"My bad, you should have said that in the first place," I said shrugging my shoulders. If she had of told me who it, I wouldn't have gotten outside of myself the way I did. "I don't have to tell you who I'm on the phone with, I pay my phone bill not you negro, thank you very much, last time I check I was a single."

I shake my head going back to feed Aubree, "Yeah you keep thinking that," I mumbled. Last time I checked she was and will always be my baby, she can think she single, but I got that shit on lock for the rest of our lives.

And that's a big bet.
~~~