Chapter 14

Melanie's POV

I decided today to take Monica out to a spa and get our nails down

I decided today to take Monica out to a spa and get our nails down. I really own it to her to pamper her today, after all the things she's down for me.

It was her day off, and I didn't have to go into the office or school today. Mani was at the daycare, so I was few for a few hours.

"Ooo girl I owe you big time for this, I've been in real bad need for a break for a minute now," Monica states looking up from the lady massaging her feet. "You're a hard working woman Moni, you deserve this."

We get our nails down, and hung out the shop for a while, then we decided to go get something to eat.

We are sitting inside Wendy's eating, eating and talking.

"I'm about to use the restroom, I'll be right back," Monica states getting up, and walking away.

I continued munching on my fries, scrolling on my Instagram feed, until somebody sat down in front of me. Thinking it was Monica I looked up, and my eyes widen to see this guy.

I was about to get up, until he put his hand out.  "Please, I mean you no harm. My names Delo, I'm a friend of Keenan's."

I sit back in my somewhat at ease at the mention of Keenan.

"He talks about you a lot, you are way more beautiful then he described."

"Thanks," I mumbled. "I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, and to give you this."

He slid this tightly folded piece of paper, I take it looking from it to him. "Don't open it til you're in the safety of your own home," He states standing up looking around before walking away. Ok that was weird.

Monica comes back sitting down, " What's up, you look like you've seen a ghost."

I shake my head looking at her. "Nothing just ready to relax further in my bed."

"I hear you girl."

We ate our food, and then I took Monica home. I decided to pick up Amani early. I picked him up a happy meal from McDonalds, and we went home.

We watch a movie until Amani fell asleep. I stand up place my cover over him getting up out of my bed. I take off my jeans trying to get more comfortable. A piece of paper fell out of my pocket, and the memory of that guy from Wendy's comes to mind. I pick it up unfolding it.

"Keenan is not who he says he is. He can't be trusted. Warn Nipsey."

What the hell!

"We bring to you breaking news, 24 year old Devon Simms more commonly known as Delo was found just a few moments ago in a ditch on the corner the side of McRaven road."

My head snaps towards the tv, and there he was, the guy who gave me the note. What the Fuck!

I look back down at the paper, and back at the TV.

If he's dead, could I be next.

———