Chapter 15

Anthony's POV

I make my way to Melanie's knocking on her door

I waited for a few moments til I heard her shout, "WHO-WHO's THERE!"

"It's me open up, I need to talk to you Mel." The door swings open, and Melanie attacks my ass with a tight ass hug.

I hear her sniffle, and pull her face out of my chest. She look like she had been crying.

This bad feeling settled in my stomach, "What's wrong with you, where is Amani, is he here?"

She sniffles wiping her face, "He-He's upstairs in my room sleeping."

"What's wrong Melanie?" She walks off going upstairs returning 2 minutes later with a piece of paper in her hand. She hands it to me, and I read over it.

"Keenan is not who he says he is. He can't be trusted. Warn Nipsey."

I look up to see tears falling down her face. I know she not crying over this nigga.

"Why you crying Mel, tif it's about this nigga, you didn't even know him long." She shakes her head. "The guy who gave me the no-note just turned up-up dead Ant. I-I'm scared, wh-what if I'm next."

She began breathing hard and fast scaring the fuck out of me. I pull her to me wrapping my arms around her. I rub her back as she sobbed into my chest.

Damn if the nigga kilt who gave her the note, he might know she knows bout his plans. Melanie is real life scared, I mean she is shaking in my arms.

"Yo calm down Mel, I won't let anything happen to you or Mani. That nigga is getting nowhere near you and Mani."

She starts to calm down as I pull out my phone shooting a text to Lauren asking where she was. She texted back to that she was at Kehlani's house.

"I'm taking you and Amani over to Lani's, the nigga knows where you stay, and I can't risk him popping up on you and Mani while I'm down at the trap."

Mel nods her head going off to the stairs running up them. I pull out my phone shooting a text to Chris, knowing he was at the house chilling with Taylor like he had promised to do. It's all hands on deck today, Nips life is on the line, and the nigga could be possibly after Mel.

Mel comes walking back downstairs with a sleeping Amani in her arms. I walk them out to my car.

I pulled off driving towards Kehlani and Smoke's place. I kept peeking over at Mel. She was chewing on her nails holding on tightly to Mani staring out the window.

This shit must be really getting to her. When we were together, I made sure she and Mani never crossed paths with any of the illegal shit I dealt with. Sure they may have known about her and my son, but they along with Aubree are well protected.

I pull up to Lani's , and got out walking Mel and Mani to the door. "I'll swing back through to get you two once I finish at the trap, and y'all gone stay with me at my house tonight."

She turns her head towards me about to protest. "I really don't wanna hear yo opinion or complaints. I am doing this out of concern for your safety as well as the safety of my son."

She nods her head turning back towards the door. She knocks and the door opens two minutes. There stood Kehlani who pulls Melanie into a hug.

"Aye keep them safe for me." Lani waves me off walking Melanie and a sleeping Mani further into the house closing the door in my face.

I shake my head making my way back to my car. This Keenan nigga got another thing coming if he think imma let him fuck with my brother, and my baby.

 This Keenan nigga got another thing coming if he think imma let him fuck with my brother, and my baby

———