𝐗𝐈𝐕

Harry Styles #15604091
Waterview State Correctional Facility

October 3, 2009

Dear Harry,

Wow! I can't believe you wrote a song for me. Now I am speechless. No one has ever given me anything so personal before. It's obvious you put a lot of effort into it, and I'm sure it sounds beautiful. Thank you so much!

I actually made it all the way to my apartment before reading your letter. It was really thick, and as much as I wanted to know what was in it, I was afraid I'd end up sitting in my car reading for an hour. The drive home was torturous. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. I'm glad I waited, though, because I'm pretty sure anyone who saw me would have thought I lost my mind. Thank you again. Definitely the most amazing birthday gift I've ever received.

Florida was awesome. It was hot, too. I like the heat, but I'm not used to the humidity. I got burned pretty badly at the end. Please don't be mad! I spent the last couple of days inside the hotel, then I was all peely, and now I'm my usual shade of pastiness. Oh well.

We did a lot. My mom took me to Disney, Sea World, Universal, you name it. If it was a tourist attraction, we were there. We spent a few days at the Keys too, so at least I got to relax before coming home. It's a good thing too because my professors wasted no time diving into their curriculums. I keep telling myself it will all be worth it when I'm only taking two classes this spring.

The beaches there were beautiful. The postcard didn't do them justice. You'll have to add a tropical destination to your list of things to do. Bring sunscreen—SPF 50!

A bike is a great idea. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a used one for a good price. Actually, I do have a super-secret recipe for Funfetti frosting, but it will cost you severely. No, that's a lie. If it comes out of a box, I can make it. Otherwise my creations are sketchy. I'm pretty sure cooking is passed on through genetics. I blame my parents for my lack of culinary skills. If I'm right (and I usually am) you'll probably be awesome at it. When you're a big time chef, don't forget about us little people. Actually, I do have a recipe for a strawberry pie that my grandma used to make, but I've never been able to do it justice. Maybe you'll have better luck. I'll send it once you're out of the clink. But share it and you're going down!

I'll be patient. Is there anything I can do to help you be ready or do you just need time? I promise things won't change after I know, if that's what you're worried about. I'll still write to you. I'll still be your friend. I don't have ulterior motives, and I'm not here to hurt you. Also, if you decide you do want my help with something, just ask. The worst that will happen is I say no, and as long as it's reasonable, I don't see why I would turn you down. I'm here for you.

Hurry up and write to me so I have some interesting reading material.

Your psych major friend who totally thinks you're a crazed convict who's lost his mind,
Bella