𝐗𝐕𝐈

Harry Styles #15604091
Waterview State Correctional Facility

October 18, 2009

Dear Harry,

You are not burdening me. Don't ever feel bad about telling me what you're going through. I'm here to listen to the good and the bad. That's the exact reason I decided to write in the first place. I don't expect or want you to put on a happy face and pretend that everything is okay. If you're upset or scared or hurting, I want to know about it just as much as when you're happy and smiling. You never have to hide from me. Unless for some reason I made you something to eat and it was horrible. Then I would totally expect you to smile and pretend to like it. Just remember it was your own damn idea!

I'm sorry that you've been so stressed lately. It's understandable you'd feel that way considering the situation you're in. Being paroled is a big deal. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to dwell on it. Find something else to do to occupy your mind. Write to me more often if you have to. There's no sense in worrying about something you have no control over. Realistically, the worst that will happen is you have to stay. I know you don't want to be there, but it's not like they'll be sending you to the gallows. If I'm not mistaken, although life in prison isn't ideal, you're not living a miserable existence, right? You have food and a roof over your head. You have your dreams. You have me! You will get out-remember that. You won't be inside forever.

You can request help from me more than once, you know. Although I think smuggling in frosting would fall under the unreasonable category. If you were to seriously ask me, I'd have to say no. I'd probably also point and laugh, so if you cherish your ego, you might want to hold off on that one.

I really do want to help you, and that also means helping when you don't ask. I can't sit and write you with a clear conscience knowing your feet are cold and soggy for the next six weeks. You work outside and you run, and if you do get out, you should at the very least have shoes without holes. I called the prison, and they told me if I enclosed a cashier's check, they would see that it's deposited into your account. I have no idea what a new pair of shoes costs you, but I hope I sent enough to cover them.

I am your friend, Harry. By real friends do you mean friends who hang out and do stuff together? I think we have a long way to go before that can happen. Trust is a two way street, and right now we both have to work on trusting each other. I think we're on the right path. I don't see any reason why our friendship can't be "real" someday. Until then, I hope what we do have can be enough.

I hope you feel at least a little bit better after reading this letter. Chin up! I'm here for you.

Your friend,
Bella

p.s. Don't you dare tell me that I shouldn't have sent you money.