Chapter Three

She holds her hand out to me, and I shake it. "Bria." I whisper.
"Breeah? That's a cool name! How do you spell it? I've never heard it before!" She's smiling at me. She looks really familiar, but I can't remember where I've seen her before.
"B-R-I-A." I reply, whispering again.
"That's such a cool name! Aren't you in my dorm? You're a sixth year, right? Gryffindor?" she peeks at my tie. "Yeah, Gryffindor. But you're a sixth year?"
"Yes." I whisper.
"You are in my dorm! That's cool! I've never really noticed you before."
"I'm not usually in there. I like to study on the grounds." I tell her. I'm starting to speak a little louder, between a whisper and normal volume. Whispering is my normal volume, but I meant other people's normal volume. Lily is really nice.
"Why?" She asks. She looks a bit concerned. Concerned? I don't think anyone's really been concerned for me before.
"Because it's more peaceful. It's easier to find a quiet place to hide and study without being... Disturbed." I reply. I say "disturbed" instead of "made fun of" because I don't think she knows who I am yet. I don't think she knows that I'm "Stupid Noble", "Ugly Noble" or whatever else they call me now. I don't want her to figure it out just yet. I like Lily, and I want to be around her longer. I don't want her to run away from me just yet, like the others did.
"What do you mean by 'disturbed'?" She looks really concerned now. I can tell that she's thinking. Oh no, I think, Please don't find out just yet, Lily. Please.
"I just like studying without any distractions." I tell her. It's partially true, I don't want to be distracted while I study. But I really just don't want to be made fun of...
Then she figures it out. "You're Bria Noble, aren't you?"