Chapter Thirtyfour

I stand in the shadow of the Whomping Willow, impatiently tapping my foot into the snow covered ground. Remus was supposed to meet me here half an hour ago. It's freezing cold outside, and the sun's setting. I can't stand out here too much longer, or I'll get in trouble, sick, or both.
        I pull my Gryffindor scarf up higher so that it covers half my face. Then, I check my watch again. He's fourty minutes late. It's not like him. 
        I consider going back into the castle to look for him, but I decide against it. I'll wait here for another twenty minutes, then if he doesn't show up, I'll go back in the castle.

An icy wind blows over me, and I shiver. I really hope he comes-, I start to think, but my thoughts are interrupted by the snapping of a twig.
"Remus?" I call out hopefully, peering around. I can't see much though, as the sun just set, so I pull out my wand and whisper, "Lumos." I use the light from my wand to peer around again, but I see nothing. "Remus?" I call out again, but this time I sound hopeless.
"No." A voice says, "Not Remus." And then Elizabeth steps out of the shadows.
"Elizabeth? What are you doing here? Is he with you?" I ask warily, looking around to see if Remus is behind her.
"No, he's not with me."
"What are you doing here?" I ask again.
"I just wanted to have a little... conversation." She replies, taking a step forward.
"Conversation?" I ask. "Are you okay, Elizabeth?" She's not sounding like herself.
"Yes. And I'm fine. I just want to... talk." A sly smile appears on her face. 
"Well, we're talking."
"I'm aware of that. I'm obviously not stupid." She says, gesturing to her Ravenclaw scarf.
"No." I agree, taking a step back, "No, you're obviously not. What is it that you want to talk about?"
She gives me an angry look. "Remus."
"Oh..." I whisper, taking another step back. "I'm sorry about that."
"Sorry?" She snarls, her usually wide eyes narrowing. "You're sorry? You told me you weren't together! You said you were over him! You said he was over you! You said I could have him!"
"The only thing I told you was that we weren't together."
"Well you were! You lied! Now I've made a fool of myself, chasing after him!" She yells, taking two steps toward me.
"I'm sorry." I repeat.
"You think your apology matters? Do apologies ever matter? No! They're just a waste of air!"
"Elizabeth... Just-just calm down. This isn't like you." I plead.
"I will not calm down!" She yells. Then, the angry expression suddenly melts off her face. "You know what?" She whispers calmly, "I"m done talking."
I stare at her, completely confused. "What?"
Before I can see it coming, she pulls her wand out. "I said," she whispers, the sly smile appearing on her face again, "that I'm tired of talking."

--A/N--
I'm sorry I haven't updated blah blah blah! I've been planning out the rest of this story