Chapter Eight

"The Death Eaters." I whisper. Lily gasps.
"I found out later what they were looking for, but I'll tell you that part of the story later. We were all sitting in our living room, happy as can be." I whisper. "We had to go into hiding. They had to pull out Serenity out of Hogwarts, that's why she was at home at the end of May. I didn't understand it then, though. I thought Serenity was just visiting." I continue, "Serenity was studying Hogwarts, a History next to me on the couch. Dad was reading a book in his armchair, I don't know what it was. And mum was writing a letter at the dining table. Mum was thinking of something to say, I think, and she looked out the window.
She told my dad, 'Alex! Alex, they're here!' and she got up from the table, grabbing her wand.
My dad yelled, 'Serenity! Take Bria and hide!'
'NO!' Serenity yelled back, 'I'm not leaving you!' she threw her book aside, and grabbed her wand too.
'You have to.' My dad told her. She hugged him, and he hugged me quickly.
'Go!' he yelled, walking to the door to help my mum cast some charms." I'm really whispering now. "Serenity lead me to her room. She had a huge wardrobe in it, and she pushed me inside, getting in behind me.
'Bria, you need to listen to me. Be very, very quiet.' She told me.
'Why?' I asked her.
'Because... Because we're playing hide-and-seek. You want to win, don't you?' she replied.
'Yes!' I said excitedly.
'Shh!' she said, covering my mouth with her hand.
We stood there and listened for a long time. Serenity was watching through a crack in the doors. Finally, we heard it. A really loud 'BOOM!' and screams. My mum and dad's screams.
'Joy! Run! Save yourself!' I heard my dad shout.
'NO! I'm going to stay right here. If I'm going to die, I want to die with you!' my mum shouted back." I'm crying. I feel stupid, but I keep talking.
"We kept hearing 'BOOM!'s and screams, and eventually we heard, 'JOY! NO! JOY!' and Serenity slid down to the floor of the wardrobe and cried. I didn't understand then why she was.
'YOU'LL PAY FOR IT! YOU'LL PAY!' my dad screamed. A minute after that, the door was blown open.
I looked though the crack in the door and saw two Death Eaters walking into the room, stepping over my dad's body. I thought he was just pretending. He was just playing, that was all. Serenity pushed me out of the way to look herself, and more tears went down her face.
'Bria, go hide in the back of the wardrobe. Behind all the clothes. Quickly and quietly, okay? So you can win. And don't come out. Don't come out until someone finds you, okay?'
'Okay!' I tell her, climbing silently to the back.
'Don't they have a kid?' I hear one of the Death Eaters ask.
'Yeah, an older one. I think this is her room. Search it.' the other one replied.
I heard them rummaging through things, and finally one said, 'The wardrobe. Check the wardrobe.' I heard the other one walking toward the wardrobe.
'Bria. Bria, I love you. And mum and dad do, too. You're the best sister ever, never forget it.' she whispers to me, tears going down her face.
'I love you too, Serenity.' I whispered back as the Death Eater opened the wardrobe."