Chapter Eighteen

"You had another argument with Remus?" Lily asks as we walk to the common room.
"Yes. He was being nosy again..."
"I doubt he was being nosy. He was just trying to be nice, I'm sure."
"Well, I guess he was, but I don't want to tell him. I've told him that so many times, but he just keeps asking!"
"Hmmm..." Lily says, and I can see that she's thinking. Then, the light bulb goes off, and Lily gets a huge grin on her face.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"No, tell me."
"No."
"Why?"
"First of all, I'm not sure if I'm right. Second of all, you'd freak out if I told you. And lastly, I think you should figure it out."
"Figure what out?"
"Exactly."
"Could you at least stop grinning? It's a little creepy." I point out as we stand in front of the Fat Lady. "Gurdyroot." I tell the painting, and she lets us in.
"I can't, because I think my idea is true. And because for some reason I think it's funny."
"What's funny?"
"Nothing."
"If you say 'Nothing.' again I'm going to hex you."
"Nothing, nothing, nothing."
I smile, and pull my wand out of my pocket jokingly. "You'll pay for that, Evans!"  I say, running after her.
"Are you trying to be James?" She asks, running up the stairs.
I laugh. "Sure, why not? Want to go out with me, Evans?"
Lily laughs, and opens the door to our dormitory. "Don't say that, you sound weird!"
And then we collapse onto our beds, laughing. 
And Lily's plan worked. She distracted me from asking again.