Chapter Seven

Lily and I walk to the tree by the lake. When we get there, Lily sits down and starts ranting. "How could they? They're so mean! They didn't listen to a word I said! They didn't take it in at all! What jerks! UGH!!" She says angrily, folding her arms across her chest.
"It's okay, Lily. I'm used to it." I reply, staring at my hands.
"No! It is not okay! You should not be used to it!"
I stare at my hands. "You're right." I tell her, "I shouldn't be used to it."
"No, you definitely should not! It's been six years Bria, and you haven't said anything back to them! You need to get them to stop." Lily tells me.
"I know. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do to make them stop. I just figure that if I say anything, it'll get worse."
"We'll figure it out." Lily says reassuringly, patting my arm.
"We? You mean you'll help me?" I say, shocked.
"Of course! Unless you don't want me to..."
"No! I need the help, I really do. Thanks a lot, Lily." I reply, smiling.
"No problem." She says, "But... Can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you don't want to."
"What is it?"
"How did you end up there... in the orphanage?" She asks me.
"It's a bit of a story." I tell her, staring across the lake.
"We have time," She replies, "there's still another hour before it should get cold."
I take a deep breath. "Lumos" I whisper, lighting my wand. It's starting to get dark out. Lily does the same.

"Up until I was six years old, I lived with my parents." I start telling her, "My parents and my sister, Serenity. Serenity was older than me. She was sixteen when she died. So she'd be twenty-six now." I say sadly, "Everyone used to say that Serenity and I were like twins, except Serenity had my mum's black hair, and she was older. She was my best friend." I whisper as a tear slides down my face. "My mum had black hair like Serenity, but she had icy blue eyes. Serenity and I had my dad's stormy gray ones. My dad had light brown hair, believe it or not. My grandma was the redhead." I tell her. I don't know why I'm obsessing over these little details, but they're so important to me. "One night, May 26th, 1966 to be exact," I'm starting to whisper again, "they came."
"Who came?" Lily whispers, like it wasn't obvious.
"The Death Eaters."