Chapter Fourteen

"Bria?" I whip around.
"Remus?" I ask.
Remus starts walking toward me, running his hand through his brown hair. "What're you doing here?" He asks, sitting next to me.
I let my hair fall in front of my face, hiding. I don't want him to see me right now. My tear streaked face, my puffy red eyes. "Hiding." I whisper. Remus never bullied me, but I'm still afraid...
"From what?"
I shrug. "Everyone. What're you doing here, Remus?"
"Same thing you're doing."
"Hiding?" I ask, and then I automatically push my hair out of my face. My mistake.
"Bria, what's wrong?" He asks me.
I let my hair fall into my face again. "Nothing." I tell him.
"You can tell me." He replies.
"Really?" I ask him, my voice above a whisper, "Why should I tell you? All these years they've bullied me, and you never stopped them. Only occasionally. Like when they made me cry or they pushed me and broke my arm. You just stood there and let them do it. You never said anything to me, but you also never said anything to them. So why should I tell you, Remus?" I grab my book and my bag, and start walking away. I need to talk to Lily. I should've gone to her first.
As I started walking away, I swear I heard Remus say "I don't know."