Chapter Twentyfive

Life has gotten better. But it's also gotten worse.
On the bright side, no one says anything about Remus anymore. They think I've stopped torturing him, Imperiusing him, blackmailing him. That he's not that desperate. He's stopped walking with me. The only time he's near me is when I sit next to him in classes.
On the bad saide, Remus is now completely ignoring me. He doesn't walk with me anymore, or talk to me. He's a bit of a loner now, since the Marauders disowned him. He sits as far away from me as possible in classes, scooting his chair to the extreme edge of the desk when we have to sit next to each other.
"I'm a monster." I whisper to Lily as we walk past Remus, who's sitting alone on a bench.
"You're not a monster!" Lily protests.
"Yes I am! I should've never said anything..."
"Bria, if you feel that bad about saying anything, go tell him the truth."
"But... But then people will say things again! And what if he doesn't believe me?"
Lily contemplates this for a while. "Then he's an idiot." She finally decides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Remus?" I whisper, walking toward the Whomping Willow.
Remus is sitting just outside of its reach, reading a book by wandlight under the stars.
"Remus." I say when he doesn't answer me. He just keeps reading his book. "I need to tell you something." I whisper, sitting down next to him.
"What is it, Bria?" He asks, annoyed.
"I'm sorry." I say, and then he opens his mouth to say something. I hold up my index finger. "Let me finish." I insist, and he closes his mouth. "What I told you was partially a lie. To me there never was an 'us'. There might've been to you, but I just thought we were friends." Again, he tries to inturrupt me, so I add in, "Girls can be blind too. Back to what I was saying. I told you that lie because I wanted them to stop saying those horrible things. Like I told you, it's okay for them to say those things about me, but not about you. I didn't know that things would get even worse when I said that. Please forgive me, Remus. I forgave you, now it's your turn to forgive me."
He doesn't take a long time to think about it. In fact, it takes him about a second for him to lean over and kiss me. "What're you doing?" I ask,  pulling away. "I thought you were ignoring me. I thought you hated me."
"I never hated you. I was confused, I was angry, I was being a typical teenager. I never hated you. Ever." He explains.
"Really?" I ask.
"Really." He answers.
Then it's my turn to lean in. It easily becomes the best night of my life, with us snogging under the stars.

--A/N--

I think it's a bit cheesy, but there needs to be a happy chapter!