Chapter Thirtysix

I wake up in the Hospital Wing. Bandages cover a lot of my skin, and there are scars where it is bare. The scars are faint, but you can still barely see them.
        Sunlight shines through the windows, and I squint against it. When I squint, the skin on my face feels like its stretching. She cut my face too?
"Bria." I look up to see Remus sitting next to my bedside. "What happened to you?" He whispers, taking my bandaged right hand.
"Why didn't you show up?" I ask.
"What?"
"You sent me an owl yesterday. 'Meet me at our spot after dinner. Love, Remus.'" I quote.
"I never sent you an owl." 
"She did then." I realize.
"Who?"
"Elizabeth."
Remus frowns. "How do you-Never mind. What happened? Who did this to you?"
"Elizabeth. Elizabeth happened to me." I whisper, trying to stop the memories of last night from entering my mind. I shudder.
"Elizabeth? Are you sure? I don't think she'd do something like this."
"I didn't think so, either. And I'm positive. Why would I lie?"
"I'm sorry," He says, backtracking, "but there are a lot of rumors going around."
"Rumors? Already?" I ask, puzzled. "But, it happened last night."
"You've been out for three days." He explains.
"Oh." I realize. Three days. "And what kind of rumors?"
Remus purses his lips. "There are rumors that you got attacked by the Willow, but not many people believe that one. If the Willow attacked, you'd have bruises and broken bones, not a whole bunch of cuts.
Some people say that some sort of creature attacked you, but again, why would it leave you with a bunch of cuts?
And then, there's the rumor that most people believe. Bria... They say you were trying to kill yourself."
"WHAT?" I yell. "No! No! That's not true! Remus, I would never do that! I've never even considered it, no matter how sad I've been. I didn't, I swear-"
"You think I believe that rumor? I know you wouldn't, Bria. Calm down."
"Oh... I'm sorry."
He smiles. "Don't be. Now," the smile fades. "tell me what happened."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe it." Remus whispers, standing up. "You're right, she has to be out of her mind." Now he's pacing the room, still talking. "But I saw her in the Great Hall yesterday, and she looked fine... Maybe it wasn't her? Someone took a Polyjuice Potion to impersonate her? But, you said her eyes were unfocused... The Imperius Curse! It has to be." He finishes, a look of triumph on his face.
"Would she remember anything?" I wonder. "Would she remember torturing me, or it being cast on her?"
"That all depends. The caster could've cast a memory charm on her afterwards."
I frown. "Which they most likely did. Do you think we could take this to Dumbledore? Would he believe us?" I suggest.

Remus walks back over to me, and takes my left hand. "I guess we could try."
I smile at him, and glance at our interlocked hands. "It's gone." I realize, pulling my hand out of Remus'. I examine my wrist, and I was right.
"Your bracelet." Remus realizes.
Anger surges through me. Whoever did this was a coward. They tortured me through Elizabeth, which was unfair to her. And to me, because I have no idea who would do this. They couldn't face me themselves. And, on top of that, they took my most prized possession. "That bitch will pay." I hiss.
Remus laughs. "How do you know that a girl did this?"
"Who else will stoop so low to get back at me? Girls are evil little creatures, Remus."