Chapter Twentyeight

"Who's that?" Lily asks as we walk to Charms, pointing in Remus's direction as he walks ahead of us.
"Oh. That's Elizabeth Dower." I answer.
"That Ravenclaw girl who's had the biggest crush on Remus since first year?"
"Yeah."
"Why is she talking to Remus? She's never been brave enough to have a conversation with him before."
"Because I asked her to."
"WHAT!" Lily practically yells, "Are you crazy?"
"Maybe a little." I reply, watching them. Elizabeth is telling Remus a story, while flipping her brown hair out of her face unnecessarily.
"Why did you do that?"
"Remus needs a friend and I knew she'd take up the offer."
"She also has a huge crush on him!"
"So?"
"So, she's going to be flirting with Remus the whole time!"
"So?"
"Aren't you jealous?"
"Not really."
"Why not? I'd be jealous if-" Lily starts to say, but she's cut off.
"If I was dating some, Evans?" James asks, suddenly standing next to her.
Lily makes a face, and pushes James away. "No."
"You would and you know it." He says.
"Go away, James. Bria and I were in the middle of a conversation before you rudely interrupted us."
"Fine. But you know it's true." James says with a shrug, walking back to where Sirius and Peter are standing.
"I don't see how you can't be at least a little jealous." Lily says.
"Well, I'm not. I know Remus, and he wouldn't hurt me like that." I argue, watching Elizabeth attempt to give Remus a hug, but Remus takes a step back. I smile.