Chapter Fifteen

"Oh Bria!" Lily cries, throwing her arms around my neck, "I'm so sorry!"
"It's not your fault, Lily." I tell her. We're sitting in a deserted corridor on the fifth floor, and her apologizing is getting loud. It's echoing, and I'm worried that someone's going to come and yell at us.
"I know! But I can still be sorry! Oh Bria, your sister..." She says, reading the letter over again.
As soon as I ran away from Remus, I went looking for Lily. I just turned the corridor to go to Slughorn's office when I bumped into her and told her about the letter. We went up to the fifth floor corridor (the only one that was deserted) and I told her about Remus while she read the letter.
She folds it up carefully and holds it out to me when she's done reading it. I carefully put it back in its hiding place, repairing the cover after its back inside. "Why are you hiding it there again?" Lily asks me.
"I don't want it to get lost or ruined. The letter was safe there for ten years, so I think it'll still be safe for a while longer." I reply.
"Good point." Lily says, "Are you ready to go? It's going to be dinner time soon."
"Sure. I think I'm good." I say, getting up. "But I want to put my book away first."
"Okay." Lily replies, and we walk.
"What did you want to ask Slughorn? I forgot."
"I wanted to ask him about the essay we're supposed to turn in Friday. He said it's supposed to be at least two rolls of parchment, but I accidentally did four..."
I shake my head. "What did he say?"
"He said it was fine, and to keep up the great work. I'm one of the best in the class, blah, blah, blah."
"Classic Slughorn." I tell her as we walk up to the portrait hole.
"Gurdyroot." Lily says, and we walk up to the dormitory. "I mean, he tells me that at least ten times a day."
I laugh. "He usually tells me I'm horrible. Not in those exact words, though. I think he says 'Try better next time, Miss Noble. You could be amazing at Potions if you tried a little bit harder.'"
"You could, though!" Lily says as I set my book on top of my nightstand.
"I don't think so. Let's go." I tell her, and we walk to dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Did we have homework this weekend?" I ask Lily as we walk from the Great Hall to the common room.
"Well, we had that Potions essay, but that's due Friday. And we had another essay for Transfiguration, but that's due Wednesday. I think that's it." Lily answers.
"And I bet you already did both of them. I know you did Potions, but I bet you did Transfiguration already."
"Maybe..." Lily says, and we both laugh.
"Gurdyroot." I tell the Fat Lady, and Lily and I take the stairs to our dorm.
"Did you do either of them?" Lily asks me, opening the door.
"I did the Transfiguration one. I'll work on Potions later." I tell her as I sit on my bed. I reach over to pick up my book, but there's nothing there.
"Lily," I say on the verge of tears, "you were right. Serenity's book is gone."