Chapter Six

After the feast is over, Lily and I walk to the Gryffindor common room together. "How was your summer?" Lily asks me.
"Oh... It was all right, I guess." I reply. It was actually an all right summer. I didn't get told to come out of my room and go to the park by the Ms. Daniels, the lady who runs the place. I think she gave up on me.

"What do you mean, all right?" Lily says, looking concerned.

"Well, every summer is really boring for me. I never have anything to do..." I reply, trailing off at the end.

"What do you mean, boring?"

"Well, I-I live... At an or-orphanage." I whisper, stuttering.

Lily gasps. "Really? I didn't know! I'm so sorry, Bria."

"I don't think anyone does. They never ask, so I never say it. An-and I don't need to be reminded." I'm whispering again.

"Bria..." Lily trails off.

We're at the portrait hole now, and Lily starts pushing her way to the front of the crowd. "What are you doing?" I ask her.
"I'm a Prefect, remember? I've got to open the portrait hole." She replies, continuing to push forward.
"Oh..." I say, and I hesitate. Should I follow Lily to the front of the crowd, or should I stay behind? I don't want anyone to say anything to me... No. I'm going to stop being a coward, and follow Lily.
Lily and I push our way to the front, and people throw in a few remarks. "Noble? Pushing her way to the front of the crowd?" "Where's Noble going?" "What does Noble thing she's doing" etc.
"Gurdyroot." Lily says when we get to The Fat Lady, and the portrait swings open. The crowd of Gryffindors surge forward, and I get knocked down. Everyone tried to kick me or step on me, but I manage to avoid most of it. Most of it.
Once I finally get into the Common Room, I search for Lily. Where did she go? Then I spot her by the girl's dorm staircase. "What took you so long?" Lily asks me.
"Oh... I fell." I say, looking at the ground.
"you mean someone pushed you," Lily says angrily, "and they all tried to trample you."
"yes."
"They're horrible!" Lily says as she walks up the stairs. I follow her. "The nerve of them! Did they hurt you?"
"Not really. I'm okay."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive." I insist.
Finally we reach the door of our dormitory. Lily opens it and we step inside. There's already two girls in there, and I don't remember their names. I don't really know many people's names, besides Lily and the Maruaders.
"Look who it is," one of them snarls, "Stupid Noble." She's blond, with golden curly hair and bright blue eyes. She's one of the girls in my dorm that says things the most. Only three of them really taunt me. Lily never did, and I think the other girl only did once.
"Shut up, Bonnie." Lily tells her.
"You're defending her, Lily?" the other girl asks. She has straight, ink black hair and dull gray eyes. She's one of the three that taunt me.
"Yes I am, Audrey. She's actually really nice if you actually have a conversation with her instead of just insulting her all the time." Lily's really mad now.
"Why would I want to talk to her?" Bonnie asks, "She's a loser!"
"You might find out that she's not a loser if you actually talked to her! Come on Bria, we're leaving." Lily says, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the dormitory.