Chapter Nine

" 'Look what I found!' the Death Eater yelled.
'I told you she was in the wardrobe, you idiot! Get up, girl!' the other one yelled back.
'No.' Serenity told him firmly.
'No? GET UP!' he yelled at her.
'NO!' she yelled back.
'Crucio!' He yelled, pointing his wand at Serenity. Serenity fell out of the wardrobe and onto the carpet, screaming. When he stopped casting the charm, he asked her 'Now do you want to get up, girl?'
Serenity got onto her knees. She was glaring at them with tears running down her face. I could tell because I saw her face in the mirror on the wall. 'No.' she repeated.
'Have it your way, then.' He said.
Serenity was looking at me in the mirror. 'I love you. You're the best sister ever. Never forget it.' she mouthed as the Death Eater yelled, 'Avada Kedavra!' " I pause for a little while, sobbing into my hands.
"You can stop, Lily tells me, patting my shoulder.
"No." I tell her, "I want to finish it now."
"Okay then." She says. I look up at her face, and she's crying too.
"Serenity fell to the floor, lifeless. 'I think that's all of them.' The one who killed her said.
'I think so too. Let's go.' the other one replied.
They both left, leaving me hidden behind Serenity's clothes. I watched Serenity and dad, waiting for them to get up and tell me 'We got you! You fell for it!' and laugh. But they didn't. They stayed where they were, and it hit me. My parents and sister were dead.
I stayed behind Serenity's clothes like she told me to. I stayed there until someone from the Ministry found me and took me out, bringing me to that terrible Muggle orphanage. She left me there. Abandoned me. She never even asked me if I wanted to talk about it. She just left me there to think. And I've been alone ever since." I finish, really crying now.
"You're not alone." Lily tells me, "At least not anymore." and she hugs me.