Chapter One - The DVD Player

Greetings. Welcome to this story. I have no explanation as to why this story was written, except for that I was bored.

Just a note:
F/c means favourite colour
Y/e means your element (pick whatever you want, even an element that's already being used)
Y/n means your name (just in case you didn't know)

Also, if you came here specifically for Lloyd x Reader, just a heads up it won't start right away. I want to do a solid 5-10 short chapters of some events leading up to the start of the romantic part, but if that bores you, just keep scrolling (Chapter 6 is when they meet Lloyd, and Chapter 12 is when they use Tomorrow's Tea). Also idk anything about romance so we'll see how this goes--

One more thing: everyone in this story is in human form (not LEGO).

oh and btw this sh*t is queer

———————————

My parents are finally letting me paint my room f/c. They refuse to help me with is, but I don't care. I can totally do this myself.

It's pretty boring on the first day, so I decide to put on a movie while I paint. I try setting up Netflix on my phone, but then I remember the internet isn't working in my neighbourhood.

"Meh, whatever," I mutter. I have plenty of DVDs lying around. LEGO Ninjago is my favourite, so I take that out of the bookcase from the hall, and bring it into my room, but I realize pretty quickly that I'm forgetting something. A DVD is completely useless without a DVD player.

I climb the ladder to the attic, and start searching for a DVD player. It seems like a lot of extra work just for some background entertainment, but who cares? I want to watch Ninjago.

I finally discover a DVD player. I don't remember seeing it anywhere before, but I brush away any weird feelings. It's not like it's haunted or anything.

I take it downstairs and plug it in. I notice a design on top of the player, as if it's the brand's logo or something, but I've never seen it before.

"That's funny," I say. "It kind of looks like the realm crystal from the show."

I shrug it off. What a coincidence.

But as soon as I press play, I'm immediately sucked into the DVD player.

——————-

"Where the hell am I?"

I frantically look around, searching for an explanation. The scenery looks strangely familiar. I hear a noise and turn my head in that direction, where there's a village just over the hill. There's maybe about ten houses, with a cobblestone pavilion joining them.

Off to one side is a blacksmith's workshop, where there's a young man hammering on a sword. A very bent sword.

"Hey, that looks like—" I say, squinting to see the guy better, but before I can finish my sentence, there's a rumble behind me. I jump back and whip around to see a giant skeleton truck moving straight towards me. There's no time to get out of the way, so I hold up my hands, close my eyes, and brace for impact.

When I open my eyes again, I see nothing but a shield of y/e between me and the vehicle, blocking the truck from running over me. The driver hops down, and tries to destroy the force field I made, but with no luck.

Once I catch a clear glimpse of the face of the driver, I gasp and pull my hands back in. Unfortunately, with my hands no longer out, the shield retracts. The driver stares at me like he's never seen a human being before, which he very well may not have; he's not exactly human himself. 

I take advantage of his confusion and leap out of the way. The driver loses interest in me as I scamper further up the hill; I watch him get back on his seat and continue towards the village.

"Th-that was a skeleton. A living... skeleton," I say.

I am so confused right now. My eyes dart from the monster truck to the blacksmith's shop, searching for an explanation... and then it dawns on me. 

"Oh. My. Gawd."

I sink down to the grass. My hands fold themselves overtop of my head.

"I'm in Ninjago."