Eleven- "You're A Snake, That's The Ugly Truth."

Calum rewound the video caught from Dakota's surveillance cameras, focusing in on the pink haired boy that came in

Calum rewound the video caught from Dakota's surveillance cameras, focusing in on the pink haired boy that came in. He pulled at his bottom lip, pinching the plump, pink skin with his forefinger and thumb with his eyes glued to the monitor that was probably from 2012. He rewound the video again, right where the supposed 'Jack Vic' came up to him with that sly and sweet smile. It wasn't hard for Calum to connect the still unknown boy to the string of murders. If it wasn't his hair that gave him off, it was his clothing, if not clothing, the fact that he bought the infamous pink thread found at over twenty crime scenes.

He rewound the video to the very start, 'Jack Vic' coming into the store and straight to the back like he was on a mission. The boy put the order in, the desk lady not so subtly hiding some type of reaction linked to bringing Calum forward, the boy stood to the side, a little boy and his mum stared, the younger more or less in awe of the feminine dressed boy, the mother in most likely contempt, he scowled at both of them, a dark look casting over his seemingly bright self and bright clothes, Calum came out.

There was simply nothing wrong with the video or the boy by the appearance of his clothes and just by looking at him, but Calum knew there was something going on underneath the pastel clothing and cute face. If he was linked between Luke and Ashton, there had to be something demented going on under his flesh.

Leaning back in the rickety, rolling chair, Calum sighed deeply and ran his hand over his face. He pushed out of the chair, hearing it hit the desk before rolling forward as he left the small, cramped office to the tailoring department of Dakota's. He stopped himself short when he saw the lady who let him, though she honestly didn't have a choice but was stilling willing, into her part of the store. She left her sons side, moving to stand before the cop out of uniform.

"Officer Hood, I hope I was of assistance to your case?"

"Yes, Mrs. Malik, you were very helpful. Thank you for letting me borrow a uniform and the use of your department." He nodded respectful at her, glancing over at her son, who was watching him closely.

"Oh, you are so very welcome. If you ever need anything else, we'll be happy to help you and your precinct. And-" She cut herself off when she heard the bell, bidding a quick goodbye to Calum, who nodded again, before she rushed back over to the counter to help the waiting customer.

His eyes darted back to where her son was again, the brown eyed boy watching him like he was disgusted by the presence of Calum. Pushing his eyebrows together, he walked over to where the teen was at the gate that let them out from being behind the counter. The teen caught his arm, brown eyes looking to turn into obsidian black as he looked at Calum with an evil glare. Calum looked at him in confusion, the younger boy smirked as he spoke.

"Death before dishonor, touch what's mine, you'll be a goner." He voiced, making Calum rip his wrist from his grip and glare back at him.

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" He snapped back at the teenager.

He didn't respond, going over to his mum and leaning his head on her shoulder. She smiled briefly as she froze in her words for a moment, the lady she was helping smiling as well at the cute scene before they finished talking. Calum shook his head, brushing a hand through his hair and gripping his hair lightly as he pushed open the gate and left the store. Cracking his knuckles, he looked back one last time, the other tanned boy looking to him already with an innocent look and a sweet smile. His eyes flickered, insanity coating the irises before they turned light again.

Calum watched him for a moment but the younger seemed more concern with looking adorable under his mother, instead of quoting a monster to an officer. He left the store, climbing into his car as he pushed his palms into his eyes, white circles echoing in the black behind his eyelids.

"Shh, shh, shh. You're too loud, Cal. You might wake up Ash and if you do that, I'll kill you. I mean, you've already hurt him enough, now you wanna break his already restless sleep. I mean, I'm a bad guy but not that bad."

"Stop sending me these stupid notes, Luke. It's not funny and-"

"And, what? Afraid someone is going to know how insane you are? That you hurt an upstanding citizen because you can't control your anger? This is just pay back for being a bad person, Officer Hood. Death before dishonor, touch what's mine, you'll be a goner."

Calum sat up immediately, eyes rolling back in annoyance as he wrapped his fingers around his steering wheel. He took a few deep breaths as he pulled from his spot, tightening his grip and loosening it sporadically. He chewed the inside of his cheek raw, doing the same with his lip until it cracked and bled into his mouth. He knew this was wrong, that doing this could get him suspended or fired, killed even, but he couldn't go another day of run around with out doing this.

Sooner or later he'd have to confront his ugly past and see the truth of what his destruction caused and what it will cause in the future.

He pulled on a pair of sunglasses, blocking out his eyes even though the sun had an overcast and the sunlight seemed like it couldn't even touch earths surface through the many clouds hanging in the air. He pushed open the double doors, though he knew they'd eventually open themselves once the desk lady saw him but he couldn't bother to wait for her to look away from her phone screen. Strolling in, he walked straight past the front desk, only flashing his badge to shut the girl sitting there up. The numbers flowed past: 234, 236, 238, 240, 242, 244, 246. He swerved into the room, sliding his shades off his face when she looked up and smiled at him.

Her dim face brightened up, wrinkled hands reaching out to Calum as her eyes crinkled in happiness. He smiled softly, walking over to the bed and letting her wrap her frail, skinny arms around his broad frame as she sighed.

"Oh, you're so big, Calum. I haven't seen you in years." She chuckled, laying back against her thick, white pillows as he nodded, tucking his hands away in his pockets.

"Hi, Liz."
{~~~~}

And LIZ makes her shinning appearance in my book, finally.

Buuuuuttt thank you for reading. Have a question with your watermelon ....(>~<)/ 🍉 . Thoughts on Liz entering?

Until next chapter, funky freaks. Adios.....